Chapter Twenty-Five Part Two

Frequent nightmares eluded  her sleep every now and then. She did not know why they became frequent after her move to Devonshire. Despite the fact that she felt at home after all this time, she still yearned to walk through the familiar hallways in her parent's mansion. It was different here. She knew every corner of her husband's mansion, although she still felt more like a stranger William made it up for her every single night, he made her feel cherished and loved, something she had lacked for a long while.

With all the responsibility and duties, Elizabeth only had time to reply to her parent's letters before retiring to bed. She had started using William's library to accomplish this task. On one night when William came back early and saw her writing on a small table set in the corner of the room. He had promised to design a small desk for her, and had given her the key to his library. 

Living with William was like living in heaven. He had made all her wishes and dreams come true. She had only to ask for something, and the next day it was there. She loved the feeling of finally having someone dot on you. She felt like a spoiled child. But she liked it nevertheless. 

Just last year she thought that she disliked her life. Just last year, she was the most miserable human being alive. And today, she thought to herself, she might as well be the happiest one alive. After four months of marriage, her life has taken a drastic change.

"Elizabeth." she shook her head as she looked up from her plate. she was feeling quite nauseous It has been a week now. She looked up at her husband's face. It was etched with concern. "Are you feeling well?" He asked as he continued looking at her. She managed a nod and then grabbed her fork to take a bite from her food.

"Quite well, I was just thinking." she replied smiling. "How long will you be away?" she asked stirring the conversation away from the topic of her health. She had her own inquiries behind the nausea, but she was still not sure. She didn't want to share those inquiries with her husband just yet.

"A week if everything goes as planned." he replied taking a sip from his cup of tea. 

"I hope all goes as planned, then." she commented taking a sip from her orange juice. "I'll miss you, you know." She whispered after taking a quick glance at the rest, his parents were engaged in another conversation, and she was thankful for that.

He smiled, and winked her. He stood up and dropped his napkin. "Now if you'll excuse us." He commented, stretching his arm towards his wife. He wanted to give her a proper good-bye before his left on his work trip. Elizabeth felt her cheeks warm up as she stood up. she rested her hand in the crook of his arm, and followed his steps as he led them towards the empty drawing room. 

After he closed the door behind them, he turned towards her. He opened his arms and she came rushing towards them, she wrapped her arms around his waist as she rested her head on his shoulder. "I hope all goes well." she mumbled as he tightened his arms around her. "I'm going to miss you." she said, this time in a loud voice.

"And I you." he replied slightly moving backwards before bending down and placing a kiss on her lips. "Take care of yourself, I won't be long." he whispered, hugging her one last time, before departing from the room. 

Elizabeth was left standing alone.  She sighed as she placed her hand across her stomach. She looked down at it and wondered whether she was carrying a babe or not. She really hoped she was. But she was still not sure, she had her monthly cycle to confirm that, it was due any day now. 

----

It's short! I know! I'll make it up in the next chapter!

Please leave your comments! And don't forget to VOTE!

Best,

Rose