Chapter Twenty Two- Part two

Chapter Twenty-Two (Part two)

Truth be told Elizabeth felt so weak with every passing day, she was still in bed and she was barely moving around the chamber, she wasn’t allowed to get out of the comforts of the chamber because her future in-laws made sure that everything was ready, from the tub that was always hauled to her chamber when she wanted to take a bath, to the simple fact of being carried to sit on one of the chairs in front of the window so she could enjoy the spledid view of the massive green gardens. She sighed when she realized that she was staring at one of the pages of the novel that she was given to read, yet again.

The doctor was passing by every single day to make sure that everything was going as planned, he was always examining her ankle, and after that he would give her a full report of the recovery, and he would tell her that a fortnight from then she would be able to walk again, but of course her would mention that someone was to stay by her side in case she slipped or fell because her ankle would still ache and she wouldn’t be able to fully step on her foot.

William was always by her side after the evening meal, he would have it in the dining room and she would have it in bed, and after that he would pass by to check on her, and every time she’d feel her heart flutter when she heard the knock on the door. She smiled when she realized that they were to get married soon, and by then they would both retire to their bedchamber and she would never get bored of his sweet talk and the kisses that they shared when they were completely alone. She was so glad to have him by her side because she would’ve died from boredom had he not spent the entire afternoon with her, she would’ve felt left out had he not shared with her the events that were taking place outside her chamber, that she was given when they moved her outside of William’s chamber,  for  her mother had nearly died from heart failure when she was told that her daughter was to stay in her fiancé’s bedchamber, she was adamant that she be moved, for it would’ve ruined her reputation if word was out.

So with that, her days were spent inside the chamber, and her time was spent with her either sleeping or reading a novel and if neither were done she would spend her time day dreaming about a lot of different things, from her wedding day to the day she would become mistress of the house and the duchess of Devonshire. It was so simple in her mind, she was always happy and content and she was always the perfect wife that William loved from the depth of his heart, and it was true, she truly felt loved but she knew that life wasn’t that easy and that she was to have trouble managing the household, because from the look of things the mansion was huge, and she could clearly remember that the mansion was a three times bigger than her parents holding. How was she to manage everything here? It would be a hard task to complete but Elizabeth was not going to give up when she realized that and she was going to do quite the opposite, she was going to do her best.

A knock on the door pulled her out of her reverie, she straightened her back and plumped the pillows behind her and put on one of her flattering smiles when the door opened, instead of William entering the room her mother and her mother-in-law entered the room and then promptly closed the door and sat down in front of her on two wooden chairs. They both spared her a glance, shared a secret look, and then glanced back at her with knowing smiles on their faces.

“Elizabeth dear, your mother and I want to talk to you about your approaching wedding.” Her mother in-law stated, this only made Elizabeth more engrossed with what she wanted to say concerning her wedding. “We were trying to find the appropriate date, for you know we want to wait for your ankle to heal, and as you know the doctor told you that you’d be up and about in a fortnight so how about we wait another fortnight for your wedding to take place?” she suggested. “Your mother and I have been planning to ask you so we could know what you think of that.”