☆Chapter 28☆

Delilah's Goin' Down!

Third Person P.O.V.

The four girls stood in the bakery kitchen. Two orders left.

The Constellation Cake would require a lot of work from Scarlett and Christina hence there being more decorations.

The oven was already preheating as Madeline and Cat prepared the pans and batter. Madeline mixed flour, baking powder, caster sugar and salt. She then added softened butter and mixed once more till she got the texture she wanted.

She then added milk, oil, bubblegum essence and eggs into the bowl and continued to mix. She separated the batter into three bowls and dyed each of them a different color being black, green, or purple.

She then scooped the batter into the tins and put it into the oven to bake for 45 minutes.

When it was done she let it cool for 2 minutes and flipped the cake tins over carefully. Using a large knife, Madeline carefully trimmed off the top of each layer of the cake to make them even.

She passes on the cake to Christina and Christina adds the crumb coat of frosting, then the final coat of frosting, and makes it an ombre going from a light blue at the bottom to a dark blue at the top.

The cake goes to Scarlett after that. Scarlett uses white frosting to add on little constellations onto the cake.

The last and final order for today was something mainly Christina and Scarlett would work on

The last and final order for today was something mainly Christina and Scarlett would work on. They enjoyed making mochi and Madeline didn't have much experience with it.

So... they prepared the mochi ingredients.

Christina mixed up some glutinous rice flour, granulated sugar, vanilla bean, and ice cold water. Meanwhile Scarlett was melting chocolate chips and dipped some strawberries into the chocolate, before placing it into the fridge for 20 minutes.

Back to Christina, she placed some cornstarch onto their work space and poured out the mochi mix. She ripped off a piece and flattened it out, placing a chocolate covered strawberry inside, and wrapping the mochi around it, forming a small mochi covered chocolate strawberry.

 She ripped off a piece and flattened it out, placing a chocolate covered strawberry inside, and wrapping the mochi around it, forming a small mochi covered chocolate strawberry

Finally.. All four orders made. This means that more orders would come tomorrow and all four of those customers would come to pick up their orders. The girls set aside the four desserts into the fridge and drove home. It was 11:22 by the time the got home. Christina wasn't tired however. So when they got home she watched Stranger Things for a while before falling asleep on the couch.