☆Chapter 18☆

All hard work pays off 

Scarlett's P.O.V.

Christina and I woke up early for the bus drive back to the convention, but we could see Madeline was tired, so we let her sleep in and left a note telling her to give us a call once she was up and we would send an uber to pick her up. Once we got there, the usual stuff happened. Two otakus multiplying their love for anime x1,000,000,000,000 every second. Basically us going insane and spending money on anime merch and getting stopped for photos every 10 minutes, basically normal convention stuff. We were actually having so much fun that we almost forgot we had to get an uber to pick up Madeline and go to deliver the cake! Once we were at the bakery with a perfect, non-dog-slobbered choco-tortoise, we decided to make another chocotorta, this time in the shape of a ladybug (still kawaii) to put on display, so people could order them now too! Once this girl arrived, she greeted us with a kind smile and we did too, and handed her the cake. We actually got a bit distracted and started talking, as if all 4 of us had been lifelong friends or something.

"Thank you so much!" she said "This cake looks delicious! I love the decorations! Especially the kawaii turtle!"

"Wait a minute- you know what kawaii is?!?!" asked Christina in a more optimistic voice than usual

"Yeah duh!" she responded.

And so on the conversation went. We talked about anime, kawaii stuff, etc. and we eventually got to baking.

"You know, back home where I live, I work at this really high end restaurant as the pastry chef, and one of my colleagues got invited to MasterChef this year. Her name is Zoe. She said she's going to try to pull some strings and try to write my name in the list of top 20 chefs in america, so maybe, juuuuuust maybe, I can try to pull some strings for you guys too" she said

Wait a minute- does she mean THE MasterChef?!?! With like- Gordon Ramsay and Christina Tosi??!?! I didn't know we were dealing with this kind of high end customer!!

"O.M.G. ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?!?!?!" I screamed.

Luckily no one but us was in the bakery, but I did see a dog walker passing by stare at me. I didn't know my screams could be heard through walls... XD

Basically the remaining hours of the day were tons of "thank you"'s and "omg"'s and "yay"'s and "well I said maybe"'s and "oh now I'm scared"'s- but you probably get the point. We also shared our contact info with her and vice versa, and eventually she had to leave but she said she would definitely spread the word.

And that's how you do it folks. We just doubled our customer number in seconds. We went back to the hotel and asked if we could upgrade our room to presidential suite because we were millionaires now and also me and Christina got tired of sharing beds. When we went in the room we saw it had loft beds, just like back home, except freaking GOLD PLATED (except the pillows and the sheets dummy. We're not sleeping on gold bricks) and we saw it actually had a LUXURY KITCHEN!!!! I actually kinda wanna stay at the hotel a bit longer now! Anyways, we decided to take advantage of the kitchen and practiced cooking. Yes, cooking, not baking. I mean, we just got ourselves a ticket to MasterChef and it's not only a baking competition, but also a cooking competition, which means we need to have strengths everywhere. Surprisingly, if we actually try, we can cook pretty well, and very fast! We all knew we were way too hyped to sleep so we just cooked all night.

yes,

All night.

No breaks.

Someone's going to sleep all day tomorrow

And we all know who it is.

  ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Woop! A day of baking and our main characters met a friend ;w;

"We actually got a bit distracted and started talking, as if all 4 of us had been lifelong friends or something."