Chapter 1: The Nightmare and The Dream

Rayn's POV

Nightmares... the same every night... I was back home, in the Nest, watching the stars shining on the night sky. Suddnely mom appeared from behind a big stone, holding in her hand a sharp beautiful ice sword.

Rayn... she called staring into my eyes. What have you done?

I slowly let my gaze down, on the river, my reflection appearing in front of the moon... I was the same. My white long hair was falling in waves on my shoulders, delicatly touching the ground with its endings; my pale skin was shining into the moonlight, making me look almost translucid, ghosty; my red lips were hardly drawing a smile, my long eyelashes throwing invisible shadows on my white cheeks;... my gaze stopped on my eyes... big silver eyes... wish they were normal. I was borned with light grey eyes, but this isn't the strangest part... they were dragon eyes. My pupils were like bristles, black and contracted, shining in the dark. I was staying on my knees, my thin, beautifully curved body was laying with an relaxed air, my long white dress cuddling me like a second skin.

Suddenly, from my back grew a long delicate tail, behind my years appeared long sharp horns, I felt my teeth and nails growing and sharpening and my pure skin became scales,... white dragon scales...

I screamed and looked back at mom...

This will happen if you don't conceal yourself! Keep it hidden, my dear! she said one last time before I suddenly opened my eyes.

I stared in a pair of light green eyes, which were fixing me intensly. I gulped and jumped on my feet, quickly stepping a few meters back. Feeling me moving, Mirror woke up too and, observing the boy and the girl near her she ran in front of me growling loud. The strangers dragons came near them too, roaring scary.

The girl grabbed her axe and the boy got out some kind of fire sword, judging over the smell, probably Hideous Zippleback fire. Sweet Mirror... she was trying to protect me. She slowly opened her mouth, letting the white toxic fog ran out between her sharp teeth and it was obvious that the two young people were going to die if I wouldn't stop my dragon... they didn't seem to understand what was happening, they were thinking it was just flue, but their dragons did.

They started to roar and scream louder and in their agitation they jumped into the moonlight. The first one, a female, was a Deadly Nadder apparently, but the other one was the one who schocked me. It was a Night Fury... they were almost untameable, wild and beautiful spirits of the night... extincted... I couldn't kill such a dragon and his rider too.

I put my hand on Mirror's head, slowly touching her horns with the endings of my fingers. She stopped creating deadly mist and looked at me calmly, than absorved what was left from the fog back nb her lungs, where it was harmless.

I fixed my gaze into the Night Fury's as he hesitantly calmed down and made a few steps forward, to me. The boy grabbed him quickly.

"What are you doing, bud, are you crazy?" I heared him whisper, but not low enough for me not to hear him.

His name was Toothless, I could scense it and he was the last one of his breed, I let myself down on my knees, carefull with my dress, as he continued to come closer and closer as I was calling him. The boy stared at us as I slowly pet Toothless's muzzle with my hand, watching his beautiful green- yellow eyes, so muck looking like my own. He smiled at me in that dragon mood so familiar to me and sniffed me gently, then Mirror. She sniffed him back as the female Nadder joined him too, first coming to me so I could touch her head too and then to my dragon.

"What in the name of Thor is happening with them?!" asked the girl schoked.

"No idea..." answered the boy.

I got up on my feet gracefully, letting the dragons play behind me like new borned. I faked a smile at the two tamers in front of me and made an elegant bow.

"It is always a pleasure to meet other Dragon Riders!" I smiled warmly and made a few steps in their dirrection.

"Nice to meet you too..." said the boy confused. "I'm Hiccup and this is Astrid and they are.."

"Toothless and Stormfly!" I completed his sentence easly excited.

"Yeah, right...And you are?" he said schocked.

"Rayn... from the Jandou Clan; and this is Mirror, my dragon." I answered shyly.

"Jandou Clan? Never heared of it!" said Astrid, the girl, rolling her axe suspicious on her finger.

"This is becasue it's a dead clan... I was part of it until it was atacked by other clan and was destroyed... me and my mother were the only survivors, but 2 weeks ago our new home was atacked again by the same clan and my mom dissapeared..." I said quickly.

Why was I telling them all these things? Why do I even trust them> I should be going....

"Now I should go..." I said scared because I told them too much about me.

I agilly jumped on Mirror's back, preparing myself to leave that place, that people and... that dragons once for all.

"No, please, stay!" I heared the boy shouting. "At least let us give you some food for your way!"

I was so surprised of what he offered me that I paralized in my position and turned my siulver gaze to face him. "Yeah, sure, why not?" I heared myself answering and couldn't believe what I was saying.

He smiled and mounted Tooth less, but the girl remained a little more in front of me and Mirror.

"I got my eyes on you, dragon girl!" she said wit low voice and I couldn't stop the shiever that ran past me.

TThat girl was pretty scary...

"Are you coming?" asked Hiccup.

"Coming!" yelled Astrid with a fake happy voice.

We all flew to the little village on the other side of the mountain, which I knew it was called Berk. For now, I let myself in the wonderfull feeling of freedom that the flying was giving me... going to thatv village...it felt right...