Chapter 3: The Dragon Sister

You know those simple things that you need know, like where is your home, your place in the world, to know who are your friends and who are your enemies, who to trust or not,... all those simple things that every person in the universe needs to know to be happy. Well these things have just been brutally grabbed from me and throw right in the trashcan when I saw Hiccup's mother.

She smiled at me with that figure that I knew so well, that maternal face... I just stared into her eyes and remembered myself that I had that darn helmet on so she couldn't recognise me. I'm happy becasue of it... or maybe I'm crazy.

"Mom, meet Rayn! She may stay with us for a while!" said Hiccup.

"Rayn, what a beautiful name!" she said with a smile on her face.

"Not very sure about the part with me staying... I'm leaving, like, now!" I growled as looking right into the woman's eyes.

This is why she abandoned me! She found herself a new child, a new son! Screw her! All this time she let me think she died in the battle, but she was alive. She didn't even think of searching for me, to see if I was alive, to see what happened to me... my own mother. Well, you know what?! I'll let her be happy with her little lost son!

I turned my back to their confused faces... I couldn't stay there anymore. A pain ran throw my chest, where my protective talisman was hanging, remembering me that I was too angry and too sad, that I can't keep it inside much longer.

The dragon blood in my veins was howling and fighting to come out, to take control of the situation, but it was blocked by my neckledge... by the way why did I care to conceal it anymore?!

A much stronger pain passed threw me as I was slowly giving up, the talisman remaining the only one fighting for me...For a second everything turned black and I almost fell to the ground, but I remembered that they were still staring at me.

Conceal it, Rayn! Come on you're stronger than that! Don't lose your minds for her! I screamed to myself as rushing out.

The storm had begun and it was a strong one! I got all wett in a second after I entered the horrible rains... it was extremely dangerous to fly on this wheather, but I was too stubborn.

"MIRROR! TIME TO LEAVE! I shouted to my dragon who was staying with the others in a special arranged place.

Sheraised her head at the sound of my voice and then got up. She came to me in no time and I quickly mounted her...but I remembered that I still had the helmet. I was many things, but not a thief... I groaned and looked around.

Fortunately, the others were just coming after me, screaming my name like no tomorrow... maybe there wasn't.

"Rayn, please, what happened?" asked Hiccup as he and his mother ru shed to me.

The time of the revelation has come. As I slowly took off the helmet, even the storm seemed to make silence for a second... yep, I am so dramatic! As My hair fell on my shoulders and my face came into the light, I watched how her eyes widened in schock.

"Oh, no! Rayn, please..." she started staring at me with tears in her eyes.

"I think it's too late for that, Valka! Live your life with your new son!" I said and throw to Hiccup the helm.

He was staring from me to Valka and back, trying probably to make the bonds, but I didn't give him the time for it. I easily hit Mirror with my left hand and she jumped into the rain , flying in the thunder storm. I'll never return to them!

Hiccup's POV

I watched Rayn throwing in the air with anger in her beautiful silver eyes and wondered what the hell was happening... I looked at mom as she fell on her knees, crying without any sound coming out of her mouth. Just tears running down her face over and over again.

Astrid and the others helped me take her inside, to dry ourselves and waited for her to talk.

"We must go after her! She may die in this storm!" she said letting her gaze down.

"How do you know her?" I asked scared to find out the answer.

"She is too mad... she can't conceal it much longer..." she ontinued ignoring my question.

"Mom, how do you know her?" I asked again, almost deaperate to find the answer.

Valka raised her head to stare in my eyes and I could see there anger, madness, regret, desperation and so, so much sadness. SShe continued to gaze at him, to read him until, after a few minutes she opened her mouth.

"I'll tell you the secret of out family, Hiccup.... it is time for you to know..."

*Flashback*

Valka's POV

The Birth

"Congratulations, Valka, Stoick, you have twins!" Aunt Marla said entering their hut.

I carefully took the two babies from her arms and stared at them silently. It was a boy and a girl. The boy looked exactly like his father when he was a baby... so innocent... but the girl seemed... strange. Her brother had dark brown hair and green eyes, his skin colored in a beautiful pale pink, but his sister... she was likethe child of the moon. She had pure white hair and silver colored eyes and her skin was as pale as a sheet of paper, but the wierdest thing about her was her eyes. Dragon eyes. Slit contracted pupils placed in the middle of liquid silver...

We named the boy Hiccup, his father's idea and I named the girl Rayn. It meant moon in the old language...

Two months later...

The dragons were atacking Berk with new forces. I rushed into the room where the two babies were sleeping. Hiccup was crying, but Rayn was giggling and trying to touch the huge dragon in front of her bed. The beast was staring in her eyes with... love and somehow they seemed to comunicate.

When it heared me entering, it quickly stepped back from the babies. I ran to them, but they were unharmed.

As you know, the dragon took me with him, but he also took in his teeth the little white baby.... it took Rain.

We lived together in the nest, with the alpha dragon for a long time, the dragons were puppies around her and she was happy. When the other alpha atacked along with Alvin and his army, I told her to stay inside the nest and protect the baby dragons, but after the battle ended and Stoick died, I saw that the nest was completely destroyed... no way she would've survived.

*End of Flashback*

Hiccup's POV

"But she is right... I should have searched for her, at least think about her. I was so caught in my new life here, that I forgot completely. She is right to hate me..." Valka ended, a tear running down her cheek.

"So Rayn is my sister?"I asked schoked.

"Twin sister actually!" answered Valka sad. "And she's in great danger!"

"Let's go find her, than!" I exclaimed and grabbed my cout from where I throw her.

Time to meet my sister!