Chapter 10: The Fire Race - Part 2

Rayn's POV

        "First, the race!" I said and pointed to outside the arena. "We will pass threw the village, make loops above the ocean, fly in fire rings above the hills, evade the trees from the forest and in the end return here. The one who gets here first, is the winner!"

        I smiled to Mirror and petted her scaly nose with my fingers. "You ready to get the crap out of them,  girl?" I asked her and she purred and licked my face.... good think Shin is immune to poison!

        She than gently picked me up with her thin tail and placed me on her back. I could swear this time I heared myself  purring and I placed a soft kiss on her neck. the others were following me schocked, with their jaw open..... they probably expected her to throw me in the most appropiate sharp thing.

        Hiccup came back to normal and mounted Toothless calmly. We went on our dragons outside the academy and took or positions.

        "Are you ready, bro?" I grinned at him and let myself lean on my precious dragon's back

        "Always ready!"he smiled back.

        "Ok, you go at 3!"shouted Astrid near us.

        "1...." I leaned forward until my chest was sticked to Mirror's neck.

        "2...." I put my feet on the little lugs where her forlegs were binding with the rest of her body and rose myself up a little and instinctivly grabbed her sharp horns with my hands.

        "3!" Astrid shouted and with a quick move of my hand on her skin, we rushed into the air like a white hurricane.

        I watched the fields run under me as we flew at maximum speed to the ocean. I turned my head to the left for a second and Hiccup was there, just as fast as I was, rushing to the salty water expanse for the loopings.

        I dragged my dragon's horns up a little and she made a quick looping with all her body, then two, then three... I loved those. they were kind of mixing my lungs with my stomach.

        "This is it, girl! Now put on some more speed!" I whispered and easily slapped the base of her neck, this being our signal to speed up.

        She roared and purred and rushed so fast that I almost fell..... maybe I need a saddle. We were now heading to the hills. I looked behind me and saw Hiccup quickly aproaching us with Toothless. I growled and leaned forward, slapping Mirror again. I knew I was making her very tired, but I will not lose a competition with my twin brother!

        "Fire!" I shouted, pushing at the base of her head, under her chin and she shot a blast of her toxic fog in front of us, then spinning quickly into it, so I didn't get hurt. I grinned as Shin was singing all viking songs in my mind, trying to make me a little more relaxed.

Hiccup's POV

        Toothless flew threw the circle of plasma, speeding up towards Mirror, Rayn's dragon. I was sorry for being so proud and stubborn back than, I was just  a little mad on the fact that I couldn't tame her dragon.... Now, when I watched how well they were flying together, how loyal Mirror was to her rider, I realized that she was just as good as I was! Well, not completely!

        After we passed the hills and got above the forest, I got near her and her dragon, smirking.

        "Come on, bud! You can make it!" I whispered in his ear and he rushed forward at maximum speed.

        "Now, now, brother, you won't let me easy, will you?" Rayn shouted for me to hear.

        "No chance, Rayn, I'm not making any favors on you!" I answered flatly.