Chapter 7: The Broken Lock

Hiccup's POV

        We entered Rayn's room, ready to ask her about her life story or something like that, but, unfortunatly, she was still sleeping.

        "I'll wake her up!" whispered Astrid with an evil smile on her face, but I stopped her in time.

        "Don't... she seems tired. Let her rest, we will wait here until she wakes up!"

        She rolled her eyes at me and throw herself on the most appropiate chair.

        "You suck all the fun out of it!"

        I sitt near Astrid and remained like this for a while, just staring at Rayn. Suddenly, her blue neckledge that she was never pulling down started to glow, filling the room with a beautiful turquase light.

        "Wow... what's happening?"  asked Astrid, her eyes as big as two flat plates.

        We observed that tears started running down her cheeks in rivers rivers, and she curled in her bed like a baby. We didn't know what was with her talisman, but it was hurting her!       

        "Quickly! Help me take it off!" I shouted at Astrid.

        After a few minutes we managed to take it off from her neck. When it stopped making contact with her skin, everything stopped.... and she opened her big dragon eyes. We stared back at her... she was looking at us like we were the monsters from her nightmares...than she started screaming... I throw the neckledge to the ground and broke it, panicked that she was scarec of it...

Rayn's POV

        I was sleeping... well, dreaming. It was that someone was screaming right in my ear that I have to stay where I am, that it's coming after me and then appeared my other self, the dragon and made the thing go away. For a second I wanted to hug her, but right before that happened, I woke up with a strange feeling of freedom in my soul that I didn't feel ssince I was a little child.

        Hiccup and Astrid were staring at me worried and I wanted to say something...but then I paralised. Hiccup was holding in his hand my talisman...my neckledge... the lock from the gates of my secret. And I couldn't help but scream.... just like in my nightmare.

        They stared at me almost as scared as I was... I tried to stop.

        "Inhale...exhale; inhale...exhale....CALM DOWN. CONCEAL IT. IGNORE IT, LOCK IT INSIDE!!!!" I shouted remembaring that if I was scared, or angry, or aqny other strong feeling only made it spread faster.

        I watched how he broke it with a panicked face.

        "It's ok, you see, it's over! That talisman is gone! Nothing to be scared of!" he said with worried voice.

        For a second I petrified in my bed, staring at the pieces spreaded on the ground. I was finally calm, not because he destroyed my lock talisman, because I knew I didn't have any chances left.

        "Mom! Mom! MOOOOM!!!!!!!!! I screamed as loud as I could.

        "I'm coming, Rayn!" I heared her yelling from downstairs and running to this room.

        I was calm, I wazs good. I still had a chance. Valka entered the room with her spear in her hands, prepared to confront anything trying to put me in danger../. but she was not prepared for this.

        "What happened?!" she whispered staring at the blue cullet layying on the ground.

        Hiccup hugged me out of nowhere, whispering stupid thing that you would rather tell to a scared baby, like 'Everything is fine!' or 'Nothing to be scared of!'.