Chapter- 4

“Okay, I’m not doing this.” I said backing away from the two wheeled contraption in front of me.

Dyson chuckled. “Don’t wimp out now. Just hold down the clutch thingy and you’re all good.”

“Dyson, it’s not assuring when you call it a thingy.” I said.

He shrugged. “Well, I’m going to do it. So smell ya later.” He said with a smirk as he stepped onto his Segway and zoomed down the hallway.

I took a deep breath. “Okay. I can do this. I can do this.” I took one last deep breath before stepping onto the Segway and putting my hand on the ‘clutch thingy’. I let out a soft shriek as it jolted me forward but then evened out into a steady pace. It was actually really fun.

I zoomed after Dyson, squeezing the clutch a little harder so that I could go faster. I saw him down the hallway, I was close to him. The faster I went, my hair started flipping around and falling out of the bun I had put it in. I couldn’t help but erupt in giggles as I zoomed past the gates of the stores. How many people can say that they've done this?

I noticed that I was getting closer to Dyson and decided to catch him in a corner. I turned a corner that he didn’t and smirked to myself that he was burying himself deeper into my trap as he kept going. I sped up just a little bit more as I moved and quickly turned another corner before seeing him about to turn around in the dead end but I came up behind him and smirked.

“A little lost are you?” I asked with a chuckle as I stopped a few feet away from him.

He scowled at me. “Well played.”

I chuckled. “Why, thank you.”

“I’ll make you a deal.” He said, squinting suspiciously at me.

“Start talking.” I said, my smirk growing.

“I give you five seconds to start running. If I catch you within five minutes, I win. If I don’t, you win.” He said.

“What happens if I win?” I asked, knowing that I can easily beat this air head.

“If you win, I’ll stop hitting on you.”

I snorted. “Yeah, right.”

“I have some will power.” He said defensively.

“Okay. And if you win?” I asked with raised eyebrows.

He smirked and took a step closer to me. “I get a kiss. And not that kissing the cheek shit. On the lips.”

My smirk faltered. “Th-that’s…” I trailed off.

“What’s the matter? Afwaid?” He asked in a childish voice.

I glared at him. “I am not afraid.” I snapped.

He smiled and started walking backwards towards his Segway. “Then time starts now.”

I huffed before bouncing back onto my own Segway and pulling the clutch and jolting forward before flying down the hall.

“Think, Tyler, think.” I said to myself, trying to run the map of the mall through my head. I heard Dyson start his Segway and come after me. I smiled to myself, realizing that I was pretty far ahead of him.

I sped up and focused on my balance so that I didn’t tip over. I turned down the narrow hallway that held the back doors to some stores and the restrooms. I kept going and turned down the hallway further. I could see the opening on the other side, emptying out into the regular shopping isle only across the mall from where Dyson is. It’s kind of like a short cut.