Chapter- 5

I looked at the walky talkie, it was four. So we have about three hours before the sun starts setting and we won’t have much lighting. After I left Dyson, I grabbed a few shopping bags and filled them with necessities. Flash lights, snacks, pajamas, batteries, a note book and pencils, a small stereo and a few CDs, and a purple lacey bra with matching panties. After I made all of the necessary trips around the mall, I had the pile of stuff sprawled out on top of the purple bed

I then remembered that I need everything to take a shower with. I couldn't exactly take a shower, but I could at least wash my hair in the bathroom sink or something. I sighed and made my way into the bathroom area of the Macy’s so I didn’t have to go far. I gathered up shampoo and conditioner, towels, deodorant, a hair brush, tooth brush, tooth paste, and perfume. When I finally finished my ‘shopping’, Dyson was sitting on the edge of his bed with a pizza next to him.

I raised my eyebrows at him. “You made a pizza?”

He nodded. “It’s pretty good too. Here, try some.” I sighed and sat beside him with the pizza that was resting on a hot metal pan sat between us.

“What’d you do to it?” I asked skeptically.

He smirked. “I didn’t do anything to it. If I did, I wouldn’t be eating it.”

I looked down at it and saw that only half of the pizza had pepperoni on it. “Only half pepperoni?” I asked with a raised brow.

“Yeah. I wasn’t sure what you’d like, so I just got cheese and pepperoni.” He shrugged.

I couldn’t hold back a smile and grabbed a triangular piece of the cheese pizza and took a bite. “It’s kind of good.” I said nonchalantly, even though it was insanely amazing and probably the best pizza I’ve ever tasted. I wouldn’t give him the ego boost, he certainly doesn’t need it.

“Oh, come on. It’s amazing and you know it.” He said with a proud grin.

I chuckled. “In your dreams. I’ve had better.” I lied.

He sighed in defeat. “So what have you been up to? I haven’t seen you for a few hours.”

“Just gathering stuff up.” I muttered, stuffing my face with pizza. “Flashlights, clothes, stuff for a shower.”

He laughed through a bite of pizza. “And where do you expect to take a shower?”

I shrugged. “I can make do with the bathroom sink to wash my hair.”

“Really?” He scoffed.

“It’s better than nothing. Stop being so judgmental.” I muttered. “I am not letting my hair get greasy.”

He rolled his eyes and finished his second piece of pizza. “You’re such a girl.”

“Where’d you get that idea?” I asked sarcastically.

“Your boobs.” He said, muffling his words with pizza.

I rolled my eyes. “You’re such a pig.”

When he finished eating, he looked at me and smirked. “So you’re not a virgin, huh?”

Why the heck he was bringing this up now was beyond me... The truth was that I'm not a virgin. But I’ve only done it once and it was with my first boyfriend, Andrew. We started dating about three years ago when I still lived in Oklahoma. We dated for a little less than a year but broke it off when I moved to Maine. 

“That’s none of your business.” I finally replied.

He chuckled. “So little miss prude isn’t so prude after all, eh?”