Chapter- 3

When I woke up, I wasn’t screaming or crying or having a complete melt down. I had a small smile on my face as my eyes fluttered open. I sat up and realized that I was cradled in Dyson’s arms, laying on the tile floor and leaning against the back of the Subway counter.

I quickly stood to my feet before Dyson could wake up and use this against me and looked around. Nobody was around. Not one person.

“Hello?” I croaked, hoping that a security guard would hear me. I could see clearly now, but no lights were on. The storm must have killed the lights. Luckily, this mall has a bunch of sky lights and large windows. They’re strong because storms like this happen all of the time and they don’t break, so I wasn’t worried about them.

I ran my hands over my face, making sure I didn’t look too crappy, even though I’m sure I looked like hell no matter what.

I looked down at Dyson who was still sleeping on the floor with his head rested against the counter.

I roughly kicked his ribs. “Dyson, get up.” I growled.

His eyes fluttered open and his eyes rested on me then glared.

Before he could say a word, I crouched down beside him so that our faces were about a foot away from each other. I looked him dead in the eye. “Last night never happened.” I said sternly.

“But-“ He tried to protest but I slapped my hand over his mouth.

“Never. Happened.” I growled, standing to my feet and stepping away from him so that he could stand to his feet. “We need to find a way out.” I stated.

He scoffed. “A way out? Look at the doors!” He waved his hand in the direction of the glass doors that led outside. But now, they were covered in a curtain of steel that close when there’s a storm. “There is no way out.”

“There has to be.” I whined.

“Look, the power’s obviously out. I know that they have a generator for the food court, just to keep the fridges and kitchen stuff running. So that’s all the power we have. Even if we got out, where would you go? Into the feet of snow and bazillion miles an hour wind? All roads are blocked and your car is probably buried.”

I let out an aggravated huff of air, realizing that he’s right. I remained silent, not willing to admit that he was right. “Well, we might as well walk around and look for a security guard or something.” I muttered.

“Do you really think the security stuck around if there was a huge storm?” He asked incredulously.

“I don’t know, Dyson!” I screeched in aggravation. “But we can’t just be stuck here!”

“Well we are until this storm gets better. And by the looks of it, we have a few days.”

I growled. “Fine. Then stay far away from me.” I said, walking away from him and towards the stores in the mall.

“Where are you going?” He asked, his voiced tinted with amusement.

“Getting away from you!” I growled, not turning back around to face him.

“So who’s Mason?” He called.

I stopped dead in my tracks and spun on my heels to glare at Dyson. “Who?”

“Mason? You were screaming his name in your sleep last night. Is he your ex or something? You would be the girl to have the psychotic ex-boyfriends.”

“What part of ‘never happened’ don’t you understand?” I asked through gritted teeth.

Dyson smirked. “The ‘never’ part.”