Chapter- 24

“Oh my gosh, what are you doing here?” I squealed, running into his skinny arms.

“I heard about the storm and I wanted to make sure you were okay. God, I’ve missed you.” Andrew said in my ear, hugging me tightly. “And your mom said you’d be here, getting your cast removed.”

“I missed you too.” I croaked, stepping away from him and taking in his face, as creepy as that sounds. He hadn’t changed in the two years that I’ve been gone. His pointed nose, jet black shaggy hair, his skinny figure. I took a few steps further back and took Dyson’s hand in mine. “Uh, Andrew, this is my boyfriend Dyson.” I said a bit awkwardly.

His hazel eyes landed on Dyson and he smiled lightly, offering a hand that Dyson reluctantly took. “Nice to meet you.”

“Yeah, uh, you too.” Dyson said quietly.

“How long are you staying?” I asked Andrew excitedly.

“Just until Wednesday, that’s when schools are opening again.”

“What about your school?” I asked.

He shrugged. “I’ll make it up.”

I smiled at him but I could feel Dyson tense up at my side and I could tell that Andrew sensed it.

“Oh, no worries, man. I’m not staying with Tyler. I talked to your mom,” He said, adverting his gaze to me. “Who talked to your friend, Toni. Who talked to her mom, so I’m going to stay with her.”

“Really? Have you guys even met?” I asked with a chuckle but was relieved when Dyson lightened up a considerable amount.

“No, but we’ve talked. And I’ll meet her at dinner next week. Your mom invited me.” He said with a small smile.

I smiled again. “Well, we have to go, I was going to take Dyson home. But I’ll see you tomorrow, okay?” I asked, nearly ripping myself from Dyson’s side and wrapping my arms around Andrew again, but lightly. I mean, that was probably rude since Dyson was right there, but I wasn’t about to cheat on Dyson with Andrew. I’m completely over Andrew in the romantic way, but I still really missed him as a friend. And friends hug friends.

“Yeah, okay. It was nice meeting you.” Andrew said to Dyson before turning and walking casually away from the car to where I assumed he parked.

We both quietly got into my car and we slowly drove out of the parking garage. “He seemed.. nice.” Dyson finally choked.

“He is.” I said with a smile. “But don’t go all jealous, okay?”

“I’m not jealous.” Dyson lied.

“Look, I know that looked bad, but I haven’t seen him in years and we were best friends since fourth grade back in Oklahoma. I miss him. Not as my ex, as my best friend.”

Dyson didn’t reply for a while but when he did, he sighed heavily. “I trust you, it’s not a big deal. It’ll just be a few days, anyway, right?”

“Right.” I chirped, relieved that Dyson wasn’t mad. Because, honestly, if the roles were reversed , I would have been pretty pissed. “So you have to tell me where you live.”

“Turn right up there.” He said, laying his head back on the seat as we drove down the street, I turned where he said turn.

“So how are you feeling?” I chirped with his hand in mine as I drove with my left hand.

He shrugged. “Fine. They gave me some strong pills for the pain so it doesn’t hurt.”

“That’s good.” I said. “I got my cast thing off.”