Chapter- 10

My eyes opened slowly once I woke up. It didn't take me long to realize that my bed felt different in many ways. The mattress felt softer and there was a dent beside me, like there was somebody next to me. I also looked over to see my purple bed beside me, empty. Why wasn't I in my own bed?

That's when I felt somebody breathing behind me. Dyson. I was in Dyson's bed. With Dyson. His bare chest was pressed against my bare back. Bare... because I was only wearing a bra to cover my top. My face beat red but when I tried to get to my feet, I noticed that his arms were tightly wrapped around my bare stomach as he slept. I also felt his face nuzzled into the crook of my neck. That kind of made me smile for some reason.

I sighed, there was no way that I could get out of his death grip so I was stuck here until Dyson woke up. The thing poking into the back of my thigh didn't go unnoticed. It just made this whole situation a billion times more awkward.

And then the events of last night hit me like a brick wall- We played checkers, got drunk, danced, kissed, and then slept. I told him about Mason.

My stomach dropped and my palms grew clammy. How could I have even mentioned his name? I have never told anybody about Mason. Ever. Why the hell would I tell Dyson? Of all people!

"Dyson, wake up." I said sternly, suddenly on the verge of tears. When he didn't budge, I tried to fight out of his grip, I just wanted to get far away from here. I didn't want to look at his face of sympathy or his judgmental glances. I didn't want to hear the 'I'm sorry about your brother' or the 'It wasn't your fault' that I've heard so many times before. I didn't want to go through that again. I couldn't go through that again.

I kept fighting with his strong grip until suddenly, his arms were removed from my waist. As a result, clumsy little me rolled full force off of the bed, barely missing the night stand.

I landed right on my back with a loud thud, quickly followed by the sound of Dyson's hysterical laughter.

"Asshole." I muttered, pushing myself to my feet, trying to act as normal as possible. I frantically grabbed my shirt from the ground and slid it over my head while popping a few Advils into my mouth to try and soothe my pounding headache.

"Oh, don't be so uptight. That was hilarious." Dyson defended, still laying down.

I grabbed the hairbrush and started brushing out my hair. "I'm glad that I amuse you." I mumbled.

He sighed then laid down with his hands tucked behind his head. "We should do that again. It was fun." He said with a smirk.

"Never going to happen." I growled. "How much do you remember, anyway?"

He thought for a minute before his face hardened. "I don't remember any of it." He said quietly.

I nodded, trying with all of my effort to fight back the tears that were bringing themselves forward. The look on his face told me that he remembered. He remembered what I had told him about Mason and that's why his face grew into a scowl. "Great." I choked. "I'm leaving."

"I really don't remember anything." He tried to convince me.

"Shut up." I growled as I put my hair in a ponytail and walked as fast as I could walk out the door and down the hallway of the mall, trying to think of a plan.

There is no way that I can face Dyson now. Not after what I told him. I just need to hide. I hurriedly made it to the Tim Horton's and grabbed a box of a dozen glazed donuts and a box of Timbits. After grabbing my food, I decided that I would hide out in the JCPenny which was on the opposite side of the mall from the Macy's. Once I got through the mall, I stepped into the large department store and made my way into the teen clothes, sitting the donuts down in the girls handicap dressing room. I sat down on the bench and looked in the mirror, watching the tears fall down my face silently as I ate the donuts one by one. I had to stop after three, though.