Chapter- 8

I smiled evilly as I looked down at the sleeping Dyson, happy that my plan had actually worked. His upper lip read “Place d*ck here” with an arrow pointing down to his mouth. I drew on hot pink eyebrows and a black dot on the side of his nose, making it look like a piercing along with dots on his ears with the same affect. I wrote different things on his arms, making me silently laugh to myself. I covered his hands with whipped cream and his face. I also was nice enough to do his makeup for him with cherry red lipstick and purple eye shadow. To top it off, I added feathery pink bunny ears and snapped a picture before heading off to the music store, this time with the skateboard. Today, I was in pajama pants, a tank top, and lovely froggy slippers. Sure the prank seemed a little cheesy and immature, but I wasn’t a natural prankster and it was funny enough. That's what he gets for pushing me into the stinky fountain.

Luckily, today my head was feeling much better but there was still a soft headache roaming around my skull. There was a small butterfly bandage over top of the cut that I saw in the mirror this morning and around the cut, there was a nasty bump. At least it wasn’t a concussion.

When I got to the music store, I grabbed the familiar guitar and quickly tuned it before starting to play a song that I knew.

“You, got me caught in all this mess. I guess, we can blame it on the rain. My pain is knowing I can’t have you, I can’t have you. Tell me does she look at you the way I do, Try to understand the words you say, and the way you move? Does she get the same big rush, When you go in for a hug and your cheeks brush? Tell me am I crazy, or is this more than a crush?”

I played Blame It On The Rain by He is We. It had nothing to do with my emotions right now, but I love that song. I hit all of the notes and when there was a strong part, my eyes would flick closed as I sang.

“Tell me does she look at you the way I do, Try to understand the words you say, and the way you move? Does she get the same big rush, When you go in for a hug and your cheeks brush? Tell me am I crazy, or is this more than a crush?”

I played the song until the end and then put down the guitar beside me.

“I didn’t know you could play guitar.” I heard Dyson’s voice behind me.

I let out a loud scream and spun around to see Dyson standing in the doorway of the music store with a big smirk on his Sharpied face. I stood up and looked at him with a horrific expression. “I-I don’t.” Was all I could say as my heart pumped loudly in my ears. I couldn't even laugh at his messy, makeup smudged appearance.

He chuckled and took a step into the store. “I just heard you, it was good, I don’t know why you’re so embarrassed.”

“That wasn’t- I didn’t- It didn’t- It’s not-“ My panicking self couldn’t think of anything to say as my face flamed red. The only thing I could do now was run. Luckily, I had the skateboard with me this time.

I grabbed the skateboard from beside me then ran past Dyson, out of the store and down the hall before dropping the skateboard beside me and stepping on it, gliding as fast as I could down the hallway and ignoring Dyson’s calling my name from behind me. I didn’t stop until I was on the other side of the mall and back at the Macy’s. I fell back into my bed and let out an embarrassed scream into my pillow before going into the bathroom and sanitizing myself, thinking of something to explain what Dyson had just seen. I couldn’t come up with anything.

When I came out of the bathroom, Dyson was nowhere to be seen, so I decided to have Cinnabon again this morning, hopefully by myself. Two reasons to avoid Dyson today: He’s out for revenge. He heard me play the guitar. And sing. I'm in deep crap.

Once I got to the Cinnabon, I made my way behind the counter and jumped two feet in the air when I saw that the coffee pot was on, making a pot of coffee.