Last to Know Chapter 14-pt. 1

Sorry it's so short! Hope you guys like this chapter! :D

Recap of chp. 13-

"His name was Brian. He and I knew each other in high school, and there was this strange coincidence that he ended up here, in North Carolina. What were the odds?"

"Very little..." I mumbled. "So you guys dated, before?"

Jill stared at me with puzzling eyes. "Yea. What's with you?"

"Nothing. I'm just kinda pissed that you didn't introduce me. That's all."

"Well, that's nothing to be mad about. We didn't talk about anything interesting, anyway." I could see the lie in her eyes, but I couldn't believe that she'd do that to me. Well, now I can.

Chapter 14- pt. 1

"Why was he here?" I was pushing it, I knew, but I also knew she could've been lying.

"I don't know. It's so weird the he was here, even though he lives in Boulder. He runs some company..." She trailed off in thought. "He um... was probably vacationing with his kids. To the beach, maybe." She sounded like she knew why, but refused to tell me.

"So he's married." I stated, pleased.

"Nooo..." She stretched out the word thoughtfully. Thoughtfully, like she knew she shouldn't have mentioned something.

I was about to start our first argument. Not the time for this, I thought.

"Okay, no more questions...You're free to go." I said like a policeman, trying to blow everything off.

She laughed, understanding. "I'm sorry. I'm being evasive."

"Yes. Yes you are." I said, thoughtfully. I hoped she was clueing in. This was a big deal to me, though, at the time, I didn't know why.

And the discussion dragged on.

"He's not married. He has adopted kids. I think... three?" She questioned the air.

"They weren't there." I said quietly. There was nothing more suspicious than this. I was so stooped.

"I saw them." She glared at me, as if she could will me to believe her.

I believed her. For the moment. But only...only because I still loved her more than anyone in the world.

Luckily, the argument didn't escalade to something worse, like a break up. I was about to live with her. I had no where else to go other than with her. I could go anywhere else without her. A year was long enough.

We got home; well, to my old home. I was going to miss it after I left. But most of all, I wanted to make sure I wasn't mad at Jill before I went through with this.

"You sure you want me to move in?" I asked.

"Of course I do." I flinched at the calmness in her voice.

I opened my eyes and she was so close to me. So close that I could feel her breath on my lips, feel her eyes wanting me. I stared at her with the same passion.

And then she kissed me.

This was a kiss saying 'Duh, I want you to move in.' This was a kiss saying 'Are you crazy?' And also a kiss saying 'I

Love

You'

And that was all there was. Love, passion, burning, as we made our way to the bedroom.

We made it, still kissing, and thus began the best night of my life. I couldn't see anything else. I couldn't see anything in my future. It was just Jill and I, two burning passionate people together, finally making it real.

There was nothing that could stop us now. I wasn't mad; I wasn't angry, jealous, or resentful. I was just me. I was just Aaron Stewart, the guy who was dooped into sleeping with the girl of his dreams, only to find out she'd lied, cheated, and severed my heart in two.

I was just in love.