Chapter 19 ◇◇ Warning: Hazard Up Ahead

Chapter 19- Warning: Hazard Up Ahead

"Life's all about trials, tribulations and karma, that's the bitch who allows you to build yourself up only to send a devastating storm your way to knock you down. We all have to face our own personal devil in disguise head on in battle one or twice and it's your choice if you let him win."

Dev's POV

When I tell you I'm woman enough to take care of myself, believe me. I'm smart enough to know better and in the words of Dr. Maya Angelou herself when you know better you do better.

Niggas get it twisted; they see a woman on really her boss shit and think she's vulnerable, weak without a man leading the way.

The joke is on them though while they live by the cliché of what's a woman without a man??

The answer will always be HISTORICIALLY BETTER.

-----

I looked across my desk my eyes trained on a man I'd never met a day in my life before this very moment  gaze so hard it was almost invasive. Not knowing him where he came from or what his name was but I could say I didn't like him simply because of why he was here: wanting a cut of my money.

If it's three things I live to protect in this world it would be myself, the very people I call my family, and my money, all three can be fatal to any outsider if they didn't play their cards right.

So why this man in front of me was sitting so comfortably with a smirk on his face like nothing was wrong angered me.

"Allow me to introduce myself, my name is Álvaro Emilano Rodríguez" he said smoothly cracking a lopsided smile that only pleased to piss me off more breaking the silence we'd both shared since he entered my office about an minute or two ago.

"Hmmm" I hummed crossing my legs over one other leaning back nonchalantly in my chair slightly catching a glance of the two shooter standing behind "I'm woman about my business so let's just skip over the pleasantries alright?"

"Straight to the point, si?" he smirked before leaning back further in the chair he occupied yet tightening his grip on the golden cane resting in his hand. "I have a proposal to present you, I'm sure your little assistant" I cut him off

"Co-manager" I interrupted him seeing a perplexed look of astonishment pass through his eyes along with a hint of anger, I guess someone doesn't get cut off much.

"Co-manager has informed you of, I happen to have a new joint partnership with your supplier" he said blankly referring to my supplier Sticks, MIA's finest supplier and con man. He's a sneaky bitch and I should've have expected him to pull something like this eventually.

"I've been looking over our investments and I can say I came to the conclusion that I didn't like how business was being handled on our side. Being that we are you're exclusive supplier, the moneda should be more evenly divided"

"My new proposed deal would be 20% of all earnings along with the deal we already have in place of  only being the solo supplier for your establishment. I think that's fair." Oh he had me so f*cked up

"And I think that's bullshit" I spat coldy " the deal I have with Sticks is just that, a deal I have with Sticks. You want 20% more go ask him about it. He gets his bread for the services he provides, nothing else and nothing more."

"That was before I came along"

"Is that shit supposed to mean something to me?"

"This could work out for the both of us, everybody wins. I'm sure a little lady like yourself really doesn't want any unnecessary problems."