Chapter 9 ◇◇ Still Beating Hearts: Part 1

Chapter 9- Still beating Hearts: Part 1

"Death has never been the colossal loss in this life, it's what dies in inside of the living that is so. Nothing's more of a tragedy than beautiful emotion struggling to break through the cages of a perished soul."

Chance's POV

I'll be a hood nigga 'til I die, this shit was instilled in my psyche before I was born.  I was doomed from the start. The fast life makes the blood course through my veins but... she changes things. 

My hearts alive when she's near and that mother fucka died a long time ago.

-----

Dev's POV

He said his day was mine if I could find the time to give him. Somehow before we could even leave the house somebody was calling him about business.

"Baby I gotta ask you something?" his eyes searched my face for something, anything.

"Whatever you wanna know" I boldly said aloud but inside I was terrified, at least I was trying to put my trust in him.

He smiled brightly and taking my hand into his, linking our fingers pulling me on his lap. Us sitting like this reminds me of my first night with him.

"See niggas don't seem to know how to operate without me so I gotta go cop my money, feel me?" he asked eyes never leaving mine sweeping a couple of hairs behind my ear.

"I won't stop you" I shook my head " I knew what I was getting into before I became your girl, it's cool be safe" I hastily tried to move away from his lap before the reality of being tossed to the side for some fucking money sets in. It's only my fault for believing he would be different and getting my hopes up.

"No wait, don't move." He secured his arms around my back preventing me from moving.

"It's cool Hayden. I know how the game operates, I'm a boss. Money comes before everything else go, make your dough." I pushed at his chest struggling to get up while he just stayed still keeping me from moving off of his lap. I needed to go calm down before memories of the dark past start to flash through my mind and he wasn't helping right now.

"You called me Hayden?" he spoke up "I never heard my government sound so damn beautiful." His eyes flickered an emotion I couldn't read.

"Go on, leave already" I said louder than I should have but he was pissing me off. If you're going to leave me for some money just leave already don't expect me to be all goodie good on it.

"Angel, stop aight. You didn't let me finish."

"What else, Chance?"

"Stop all that jumping to conclusions and shit, nobody about to leave you."

"I'm trying to see what WE should do..." his hands trailed to my behind once he saw I wasn't fighting to get up anymore putting emphasis on the word we. "WE can do whatever you want the decision is yours."

"You'll leave money on the table if you don't go, if it doesn't go in your pockets by sun down it will be in somebody else's"

"So I can double that shit in a couple of hours. If my baby say it's a no go when I'm supposed to be spending the day with her then it's a no go no questions asked."

"What exactly are you saying?"

"I'm saying no I'm asking if you'll come hold down a nigga down while he make his bread or if you wanna avoid that shit and wanna parlay or shop somewhere??" I look into his eyes searching for the truth because niggas quick to lie.