Chapter 8 ◇◇ Finding Myself in U

Chapter 8- Finding Myself in You

"I wanna know you so I can know myself, I feel like... you're a reflection of me. Whether that's good or bad I don't know, but I would love to find out."

Dev's POV

He's been quiet since we since left the club, like he's thinking hard about something. I didn't expect to seem so affected by his words but like always... his words grab my attention amongst other things.

It's like I crave his affection, his touch. The feeling of having him around intoxicates me. I can't think straight especially when he's always touching some part of me.

I'm his and he's mine, it hasn't set in completely yet. I obviously wasn't thinking clearly but I don't want to take back my decision. I felt freer than ever before releasing my feelings to him and I love that feeling.

Everything with him always seems so new yet familiar and comfortable at the same time. Over these past weeks, we've spent a lot of time together mostly at his house which has become like a second home to me. I hardly ever even go home except to get some clothes and leave.

My nightmares have subsided and a part of me wishes it has nothing to do with him... but I know better.

He's being patient with me and doesn't necessary push me to tell him anything but at the same time he's always observing me like he's searching for something within me without actually asking me for anything.

I do the same because he's so different than anyone I ever met, it's like he's a mystery of untold troubles like myself but I don't want to pry into his life though a part of me is curious. Every man in his business per say always pretends to be the bigger than life like no matter what cards you play around them in the end they will always win but he's more of a thinker, a plotter. He's cocky but knows anything can go left because no one is untouchable yet he doesn't seem afraid or on edge. Most people who overthink and analyze things tend to hide behind other people, allow someone else to do their dirty work and sit back and watch the cards unfold like a puppet master out of fear of what can happen trying to protect their self but not him.

He's known but more than feared like most people respect him without even realizing it. Things have been quiet... too quiet in the streets especially since niggas should be on edge considering he's top dog and could take any of their hustles with only little effort. There's an understanding or at least a common respect between his team/workers and everyone else and I wanna know why??

"Chance?" I walked out of the bathroom, entering the bed laying my head on his chest.

"Angel?" he replied back, my heart fluttered.  He rarely calls me by my name it's always Angel, baby girl, mami or something affectionate. I like it especially when calls me Angel because there was a time that very name used to sooth me and make me feel loved instead of the emptiness I've been accustomed to over the years.

"Why have you been so quiet?" I tipped my head up to peek up at him. I felt him sigh while his hands came to the small of my back resting them soothingly against me.

"I just allowing my mind to catch up with the fact that you're really my woman... I never really thought I would find someone who could mean something to me. I had an idea of what I wanted in a woman but I never thought the feeling would hit me this hard."

"Hard like how?" I asked though I didn't even need him to answer because I know already. I just wanted... needed to hear him say it.

"Like whatever this is between us can be deeper and mean more than anything else. Almost as if the mystery I see in you I know is in me."