Chapter 15 ◇◇ Memories Back Then

Chapter 15- Memories Back Then

"All we can do in this life is survive, survive until the day survival can no longer be sustained. Make the best of the circumstances that life thrust upon us, how you decide to fight no one can judge? Because even a saint was once a sinner"

Dev's POV

If you ask most of niggas on the block, cooking up, serving, killing, robbing folks you'll always hear the same lie I didn't chose this life, this life chose me.

In reality though most of us chose exactly what life we live but too afraid to say it because acceptance and admittance of the wrong you've done is too much for us to process.

Can't handle the truth 'cause while most of us were put through hell before we even got a chance at life, none of that matters because the life we live, the things we do, the hunger, the need for power, greed for money, and bloodlust for revenge makes us no better than the motherfuckas who did us dirty.

It actually makes us worse because eventually any guilt, symphony, or remorse you could feel fades into obscurity right along with the rest of the broken fragments that lead us to the point of no return.

Deep down I know I chose this hell of a life and I'm the blame just as much as any one for the damage done to me, I chose this... and the effects placed on me because of it are only charges to the game even if all of those charges left me broken and bruised to the point I'm not sure I could ever be recovered.

-----

"What if I told you? Everything and everyone isn't exactly who they seem." He looked over to me biting his lip waiting for my reactions, just like he always did.

"I'd tell you, I believe you." I said as I got up walking toward the edge of the rocky cliff I was standing on daring to push my body weight forward slightly, for some reason even if I was only a step away from falling and possibly ending my life I loved the feeling of being so close to out of control.

"Everyone is untrustworthy until proven otherwise, too many snakes in the grass to step a glance away from where you're stepping" I took a breath of the fresh air allowing into my lungs  before taking a step back on my pivot foot to turn around.

"'Cause even if that snake adapts to its environment, a snake is still a snake and it's only a matter of time before it bites you." We both finished at the same time as his eyes found mine, his stare so intensifying I self-consciously had to look away.

"You remember what I told you" he smirked before raising an eyebrow suggestively swiping his thumb across his bottom lip.

"I remember everything" even though I don't want too

"I remember everything" I nodded slowly pausing to allow my thoughts to gather " even when you said you were nev.."

"Never coming back?" he finished off and for that moment my eyes seemed to find his even if it  made me uncomfortable... hell this whole situation makes me uncomfortable but somehow I still wine up here with him even if  I knew it was wrong.

I always felt entitled to at least give him the time of day even if I didn't give myself it.

Chance would flip if he found me out here miles away from anyone or anything with a boy I'd had history... romantic history with even though all those feelings weren't shared between us two.

He was the one full in and I was just the girl who was too blind to see the boy she thought was her best friend was really in love with her.

"That was emotion, I wasn't thinking" Rashad hung his head for a brief moment and I knew if I was close enough his hands would've ended up intertwined in mine making sure I was there really here with him.