Chapter 17 ◇◇ Midnight Realities

Chapter 17- Midnight Realities

" They say actions speak louder than words and your actions tell me you love me but your words say no such thing. I need to hear it, I want to hear it.. it's all I think about because love is one of the many things I was never promised in this life."

Narrator's Point of View

The silence inside of the house was almost deathening as Chance and Devyn individually sat in two corners of the large house but somehow with the same thoughts.

Devyn was currently occupying their bedroom where she was on the verge of tears thinking about some she was going to finally let go of her past and Rashad feeling that if she really wanted to fully give into Chance she had to tell him things she preferred to keep buried.

But relationships didn't work at least not healthy ones and she felt this was finally her opportunity to be happy with a man she wasn't afraid of, deep down that was more important than the relationship she had with Rashad.

She didn't to want to leave him because honestly for the longest, her, Rashad, and Dominic were all each other had. Their own little family but when shit hit the fan hard with Dominic being the only coming out unharmed.

The dream she had last night brought back all things she hated about herself and if she could change them she would. She hated that she was damaged but couldn't do anything about it, she hated thinking about being the little girl that Rashad found sleeping in the slide tunnel of the biggest park on the suburban part of the city.

She hated that even though she was nearly on the verge of straving that night that he gave her food because even if she would have died it would've been better than stealing, robbing, and killing people to survive.

She hated the mentality that drove her to do the very things and believe that she was only doing the job karma never did, the little part of her conscious she was gaining back was whispering in her mind constantly telling her it was all wrong.

Choosing to go with the teenage boy with braces and freckles wasn't a good choice, it was bad yet she couldn't fully disconnect the things they did with the kids because after all that was all him and Dominic knew.

Rashad never hurt her physically honestly but emotionally when he left her it was like getting jabbed straight into the heart from her blindside totally unexpected and breathtakingly painful but at that time she still had Dominic.

That was who she choose because her little teenage heart thought she loved him, he was her first... everything. But thinking of him was like locking herself inside the cages of her own mind almost pushing her to the edge of no return.

The way he hurt her, she wouldn't even wish on her worst enemy.

On the opposite side of the house in his office was Chance sitting behind the desk staring blankly ahead of him the same way Devyn found him the night before.

He was trying to hold onto the stability he had left because feeling the way he felt, thinking that Emiliano could be playing around with him, was driving him crazy.

All thoughtfulness went straight out the window when he was considered because even if Chance had no proof, deep down he felt like Emiliano took something from him he could never get back.

He had a sixth sense about these types of things but he couldn't exactly do anything about it without reason.

He was a revenge type of man, but he wasn't a pointless killer. Not being completely heartless was the only thing kept him grounded throughout the years without any family left to care for.