Be Careful What You Wish For

I was a normal 13 year old. I was not popular, but neither was I deemed a freak. I had never had a boyfriend, although I wouldn't have minded one, and my life was fairly uneventful (the saddest thing that had ever happened to me being the death of my grandma, and the most traumatic the move to Cavan, Ireland when I was 9). That is where I will start--at the beginning of the moving of houses.

The whole family was packed. Their important things were in a plastic box, least important in a cardboard one, furniture in the van, me and my siblings, Izzie, Jana and George, in the car. We were ready to move.

"Freya?" mum called to me.

"Uh-huh?"

"Why are you on minecraft?"

Minecraft had recently been banned in our family because we were spending 'far too much time' on it.

"Because, mum, because it's a really long journey!"

"So read or go on something else." She replied.

"But, mum!"

"No. And don't you dare pester me Freya. It won't work."

"Yes it will..." I had muttered under my breath, and my luck held and she never heard.

When we arrived, we moved everything in, bit by bit by box. Just as I was carrying my precious box inside, I saw three boys playing over the road. They looked as though they enjoyed living here! I was so caught up in the fact that they were coming closer that I didn't notice my box slowly slipping out my fingers' reach until...

"Hey, new girl!" a voice cried.

"Your box?" said another.

"He caught it." The last informed me.

I opened my eyes to see the three boys grinning at me. The one with the blond afro had my box and the others were standing there. I took in their appearances. One had a nice smile and short curly brown hair, one had dark brown hair with a fringe to the side, and the other was afro boy.

"Well?" he said, and I remembered that they were waiting for an answer.

"oh, um...Hi, and thanks for catching my box! I'm Freya." I told them.

"I'm Pete." the curly haired one said.

"Josh." The fringe guy said.

"And I'm Evan. And it's no problem catching your box-but, seriously; what have you got in here?!"

I had blushed, laughing slightly, and from then on we were all fast friends. We were always together at school, after school. When I was eleven, and started secondary school we drifted apart a bit, as they were in the years above and also, I was getting to that age were people think of it as weird to hang out with boys. Despite not being so close, we were still best friends, and all trusted each other. This was so until I turned thirteen.