Chapter Eight

Heya guys, So here's the next chapter, Really hope you like it, Leave me your feedback 

Zayn's Pov:

After weeks of having to hide out in the X Factor house we were aloud to go out and show our faces. It felt weird walking the streets having people come up to us going 'Your the boys from X Factor', Some even asking for a picture, All us boys looked at eachother gobsmacked, It was one unreal feeling. Today we would be doing all press talks, Every year the press speak to the X Factor finalists about various different things. Right now we were doing an interview with Digital Spy, I think we were pretty nervous at first, This was pretty much our first major interview, So none of us really knew what to say. I was the first to speak which for me was a little bit of shock, To me I feel that Liam was the most comfortable when it came to public speaking, Me and Niall kept glancing at eachother I suppose it was reassurance, It made me feel more comfortable knowing Niall was there with me. I'm a real shy person so talking to the press would be a part of the job I knew I'd hate, But with Niall beside me I knew I could do it. 

After all the interviews were done we went back to the X Factor house to do our very first video diary. I decided I wanted to show people I could be fun and not serious, I made sure to sit near Niall since he brought out the fun side of me. The seating arrangement went, Me at the back, Niall and Louis infront of me, And Harry and Liam infront of them, It worked pretty well because my confidence definitely began to show the minute the person recording pressed play. Throughout the whole video diary I couldn't keep my eyes off Niall, He looked so innocent and carefree sitting there fidgeting with his hair. Like the rest of us he didn't really know what to expect in the video diaries, I ended up putting my arm around him to try and maybe ease the nerves a little. It seemed to work because he leaned himself into my touch gladly accepting my small hug when we all joked about being the four best friends. After this Niall grabbed my hand and held it there for a few seconds before letting go, I had no idea why but I couldn't bring myself to remove my arm from Niall so I ended up leaving it there even after the cameras went off. 

"Zayn? We have to get up now" Niall said chuckling, I nodded my head feeling like a complete idiot before standing up. What is wrong with me?

-Three days later-

A few days later we were given our song for Saturday night, It was Coldplay-Viva La Vida. All the boys were familiar with the song apart from me, Coldplay wasn't the kind of music I'd listen to if I'm being honest. All the boys had it nailed down, Then there was me, I was completely out of time with everyone else. The boys got told they would need to help me with my timing but I didn't want to bring them down, It wasn't fair that they would have to carry me if I completely fucked up. I looked over to Niall who was smiling at me warmly, How could he not be mad? If I was in his shoes I would be going mental by now. Niall slowly made his way over to me and threw an arm over my shoulder. 

"I can't do this" I muttered, Niall shook his head before pulling me into a hug.

"You can do this, Were a group Zi, Which means were going to help eachother out. Now were either going to fly together or fall, But which ever one we do were doing it together, Your letting your nerves get the better of you, Just take deep breaths and let the music fill you up inside. Let this song become who you are, It sounds weird Zi, But it works trust me" Niall said smiling at me, I smiled back before nodding my head, We then walked back over to the piano and I gave it another go.

Niall's Pov:

-Saturday Night-

Tonight was the very first live show, Nerves had definitely began to kick in. None of us were speaking and if you knew me and the boys you would know that's not like us, We all huddled in a circle to say a few words. 

"We can do this boys. However the song goes, All we can do is our best, As Simon tells us be the band we want to be, So let's go out there and show them what One Direction is truly made of. Zayn stay calm and count the beats in your head, Nialler keep on smiling, Louis keep everything tightly together, Harry take deep breaths" Liam said. 

"And Liam take a chill pill" Louis joked, We all bursted out laughing before embracing each other, We then stood behind the doors waiting to be called out. Liam was right it was game on. 

I love this show! I love the judges! I love the fans! I love these boys! I love the adrenaline rush! I love Zayn!... Woah, Wait hold up, I mean urm, Oh, Ah, Fuck it. Yeah, I think I'm falling inlove with him? So what? It's a crush it will pass!..... I hope. Anyway it went fucking amazing! I think we can all agree that we want to go do it again, Even Zayn, he done perfect, We went down a little at the end but Liam brought us all back together, I quickly rushed over to Zayn embracing him.

"You done it!" I said over dramatically. Zayn hugged me back with just as much enthusiasm, I was just about to speak before Geneva rushed over shoving me out the way, You have no idea how much I would love to rip out her stupid hair and her fake eyelashes! I walked off leaving them to it, Zayn didn't seem to mind the fact she was practically trying to fuck him right then and there. I walked off to our dressing room got changed then walked out with my bag, Once outside I smiled seeing some of our fans screaming my name, It was strange people knowing my name, I walked up to them and began to sign autographs, After a while I made my way to the car, Shocked to see Zayn sitting there. 

"You alright mate?" 

"She's trying to kill me Nialler" He replied, I chuckled. 

"Geneva?" I asked, He nodded. 

"She won't leave me alone, Swear she thinks were damn married it's annoying" Zayn replied, I couldn't help but laugh he was getting so worked up, I sat next to him wrapping my arms around him.

"Don't worry Zayn, I will protect you from the evil Geneva" I said, Zayn leaned his body against mine dropping his head on my shoulder. 

"You better! Seriously though Nialler never leave me alone with her, Ever!" Zayn said, I nodded and then Zayn leaned up and placed a small kiss to my cheek, Before placing his head on my shoulder again, He slowly fell asleep while I sat there turning as red as a tomato, Damn my pale skin! Zayn Malik you have no idea what your doing to me, And as much as I wanted you to, I doubt you will ever truly know.