1.16

June - NHL Draft Day

Allie's POV

After months of worrying and scouts showing up to Nate's games we finally end up here, the day of the NHL draft. The school year being done makes it easier for me to be with Nate in Dallas for this draft, my parents who met Nate around christmas, love him and were okay with me tagging along to Texas as long as I called them every few days. Currently the two of us are in our hotel room, which is next to his parent's room, just snuggled up in bed while watching some TV before having to get ready to go to the arena where the draft is being held. "Okay we have to start getting ready" I saw awhile later getting up from the comfy bed, "you're probably right" Nate says with a groan as he also gets off the bed. Once we're both ready for the draft Nate takes a deep breath before taking my hand and walking out of the room to meet his parents in the lobby.

When we get to the American Airlines Centre, the home of the Dallas Stars, a volunteer with an ID badge takes us to the first rounders lounge where all the prospective first round pics wait to be selected by a team. "I can't believe this is actually happening" Nate says as we walk to the correct location, "I knew this was going to happen, you're way too good to not be here" I tell him as I link my arm through his, "have I told you how much I love you?" he asks me while keeping me close to his side, "yeah you've told me once or twice" I reply with a laugh, "well I will never get tired of telling you" he explains with a smile. "Okay so this is where you will be waiting, there is a screen in there with a live feed of what's happening on stage, when you get selected there will be a volunteer there to help you get on stage" the volunteer explains, "okay sounds good" Nate replies while looking over at his parents nervously, the volunteer walks away with a smile and leaves us in the lounge.

We find the correct table and take our seats, Nate grabs my hand under the table and squeezes it gently, I look over at him and he looks nervous. I bring my free hand up to his forehead and smooth out the worry lines, he looks at me with a smile, "any team will be lucky to have you" I say reassuringly, "I know, I just can't help being nervous" he explains, I'm about to reply but some sort of music comes on, I turn my head to watch the screen in the lounge, Gary Bettman just got on stage and he officially opens the draft. "Nobody cares Gary" I say, Nate laughs at my statement, "Its true" I add while smiling at Nate, "whatever you say" he replies before leaning over to kiss my head. As we look back at the screen I notice some camera men in the lounge going from player to player for some live shots for the broadcasters, one guy with a camera comes up to Nate and tells him that it's just a shot for TSN, Nate nods and focuses back on the screen, I squeeze his hand to let him know that i'm here for him, he smiles and relaxes a bit.

"We have a trade" Gary Bettman says in to the microphone, the crowd boos at him, "you'll want to hear this" Gary adds as the crowd quiets down a bit, "the Boston Bruins have received the 15th overall pick from the Colorado Avalanche in exchange for their pick in the 3rd round of the 2018 draft" he explains, the crowd cheers as Bruins management walks up to the stage. "With the 15th pick the Bruins will select Nate Parker from the University of Minnesota" I jump up with a squeal and then I turn to my boyfriend, he has a wide smile on his face as a camera guy comes up to him to film him going up to the stage, I throw my arms around him, "I'm so proud of you" I tell him, "I love you Allie" he says giving me a quick kiss on the lips before hugging his parents and following a volunteer up to the stage. I watch the whole moment on the screen with the biggest smile on my face. A girl with an NHL badge comes up to us, "are you guys here with Nate?" she asks, we all nod, "perfect, I'm just going to bring you to an area where you can wait for him to finish all of his media" she adds as we start walking through the arena down a few hallways and go up a few floors on the elevator. The girl brings us to a suite and tells us that Nate won't be here for at least as hour, she says that we can help ourselves to the food in the suite while waiting.

>>>><<<<

What feels like days later but is only an hour the door to the suite opens making all of us turn to it, Nate walks in wearing a Bruins jersey and hat. When he's closer I run up to him and jump in his arms while wrapping my legs around him, he almost loses his balance but regains it while wrapping his arms around me, "I'm so proud of you Nate" I say, "I couldn't have done it without you" he replies while letting me go so that my feet are on the ground again. "Nate, Allie lets get a cute picture of you two" Nate's mom exclaims while holding up her phone, "sure mom" Nate replies. He wraps an arm around my waist and I turn towards the camera as I lean into him slightly, "perfect! now lets have a really cute one" she exclaims, Nate tugs at my waist turning me to face him, I look up at him and he's smiling down at me, I match his smile and he place a hand on my cheek stroking it gently, "you two are perfect" Nate's mom says to us, I look away from my boyfriend and smile at her.

Later me and Nate are eating dinner at the restaurant at our hotel, his parents let us have date night while they have their own. "How was all the draft media?" I ask curiously as I stir my drink with the straw, "it was crazy, there were so many things that I needed to sign and I got some pictures taken for the Bruins, I also did a bunch of interviews, this is the first time i've had some time to breathe and take in the whole experience" he replies while taking my hand in his. "Well if that's the case, let's not talk hockey for a bit" I say with a smile, "that sounds great" he replies, we spend the rest of our date talking about the baseball season and how Minnesota is finishing off their season just outside of the 8th and final seed that gets into the final tournament for the championship title.