1.10

Allie's POV

My blaring alarm wakes us and I jump sitting up, "i'm awake" I say, I hear Nate groan beside me as he loops his arm around my waist trying to pull me back down onto the bed. "Nate I have to get up" I exclaim trying to get out of his grasp, he uses his strength to his advantage and pulls me over so that i'm under him, I squeal at the sudden movement, he looks down at me with a smirk on his face, "what are you up to superstar?" I ask him with my hands on his biceps, "holding you hostage" he replies, "yeah okay" I reply wiggling out of his grasp with ease getting off of the bed. Before I get too far his arm comes around my waist and he pulls me to him, I laugh at his action and he walks forward making me back up until I hit a wall, he puts his hands on either side of my head caging me in. I push my glasses up on my nose as I look at him, "I like when you get frustrated" I tell him, "I don't like it when you tease me" he exclaims before closing the distance between us pressing his lips to mine as my hands come up to his shoulders, he moves his hands to my thighs and he lifts my feet off of the ground, my legs immediately wrapping around his waist. "WOAH, did not expect that" I hear a voice say, I pull away from Nate as he drops my legs, I see Kasey starting at us with wide eyes, I straighten out my shirt and run my fingers through my messy hair while blushing. "Sorry Kase, didn't see you there" I say, "don't get me wrong I'm happy for you guys but maybe make sure you're the only ones around before doing the dirty" she exclaims, "thanks for the tip" I hear Nate say behind me.

"Don't you have class in like 10 minutes?" Kasey asks me, my eyes widen and I start running around the room to get dressed and to grab all the things needed for class. Right before I leave the dorm I run up to Nate giving him a quick kiss, "love you, I'll call you later" I say before I'm gone. I sprint across campus to get to my lecture, once I'm at the destination with a minute to spare, I crouch down to take a breather before going inside. I slip into a vacant seat just as the professor walks into the hall. My phone vibrates so I quietly unlock it,

N: love you too beautiful, have a good class Xx

I smile at Nate's text before focusing back on the class in front of me.

***** ***** *****

When class is over I dig out my beanie from my bag as I step outside preparing for the snow that is falling, I tug the hat over my ears and put my headphones on as I make my way back to he dorms. I look around enjoying the winter wonderland that Minnesota has become as I hum along to my favourite Kelsea Ballerini song. A hand suddenly comes onto my shoulder and I jump in the air scared, I turn and see Becca holding a hand up to her mouth, I take off my headphones trying to calm down, "i'm so sorry girl" she tells me, "it's okay, it's not your fault" I explain with a smile. "So how are things with you?" she asks as we walk together, "they're good, school work is starting to pile up but it's manageable" I reply, "how's everything with you?" I add, "it's great, i'm also getting buried with work, it doesn't stop after your first year" she replies, "ughhhh the death of me" I say with a laugh, "it'll be worth it" she tells me with a smile. "Anyways, I was wondering if you would want to go to the mall to get halloween costumes, the hockey team is having a party" she adds, "oh my gosh, yes! I love halloween" I reply happily, "awesome" she exclaims and loops her arm through mine before dragging me to what I assume is her car.

"I don't know, is it too much?" Becca asks as she looks in the dressing room mirror as she tugs at the bottom of her sailor costume, "I think Dylan will love it" I reply with a smile, "you think?" she says turning to me, "he won't be able to keep his hands off of you" I say and she laughs, "okay, i'll get it, now it's your turn to find the perfect costume" she exclaims happily. I go to the racks of costumes and start looking through all the options, black and white stripes catch my eye and I pull it off the rack, my eyes lights up knowing it the perfect costume. Once I step out of the dressing room Becca smiles, "it's perfect, Nate will want to be in the penalty box with you in that costume" she explains while wiggling her eyebrows, I laugh at the gesture and turn to the mirror. I smooth down the referee costume with a smile as I tilt my head to the side admiring how good I look in the costume, "I'm going to get it" I say, "good! you look amazing in it" Becca exclaims.

***** ***** *****

Once I get back to my dorm I put the bag with my costume on my bed and I go to my desk flopping onto my chair as I turn towards my laptop. Before I touch the keyboard there's a knock on the door, I groan but get up. I swing the door open and see Nate standing there with a smile on his face, "hey" I say a smile growing on my face, "hey Allie" he replies before wrapping his arms around me and bringing me into the room shutting the door behind him. He lets me go and looks over my shoulder at something, "what's in the bag?" he asks while advancing towards my bed "it's a surprise, you'll see at the halloween party" I explain placing my hands on his chest stopping him from snooping, he pouts at me, "aw c'mon Allie, not even a peek" he whines, "nope" I say, "you're going to love it though" I add while kissing his jaw gently, "fine, I trust you" he exclaims while placing his hands on my hips.