Laurry(:

This one is for @laurenstyles7 ! She's my real life best friend, and she awesome. Well, here it is.

#imagine

You and Harry got in a big fight about a week ago and haven't talked since. The fight left you angry at the world and it killed the thought of love for you. You no longer believe in it.

You're walking home from work in the pouring rain, using your tiny little broken umbrella for what little shelter it could provide. It couldn't provide much, what, with all the holes and stuff. Eventually, you give up struggling with it and throw it away in the nearest trash can. Yes, it was raining, but it was also warm outside.

That's your favorite kind of weather. You used to fantasize about every possible romantic thing that could happen in this kind of weather. But you're over that now. Love is dead. Extinct. And in this generation, it will not be returning. Guys are just jerks and girls expect too much. It will never work out for anyone.

Upon this realization, you start feeling something. Pride at discovering this? Happiness that you weren't the only one struggling with this? Terror that this is what was doomed to happen? Desperation to find one single guy that could maybe be a good guy? Whatever the feeling was, you're immediately jerked out of your inner turmoil and your quest to discover what you were feeling by the shout of your name from a familiar voice.

"Why did he feel the need to ruin my life again?!?!" you think angrily. You speed up but feel a tug on your hand. You spin around, and there he is. Standing behind you, towering over you and looking at you with desperate eyes.

Harry.

"Lauren, please, just hear me out," he says, then takes a deep breath and lets it out slowly. "I can't sleep, I can't eat. You're all I can think about! I love you so much! I should have said it sooner. I'm so sorry about the fight, I just didn't understand what you were going through. I spent the whole time we've been fighting trying to understand the things I don't understand about you. I wanted to be able to say 'I understand' when I finally came back to apologize, but the words seem stupid now. It occurred to me that people themselves are full of tunnels and secret places, so many that trying to know all the places inside them would be impossible. Impossible even to imagine. That's what I tried to do, though I discovered just how impossible it was very quickly. All I realized was that I was wrong, very wrong," he goes on through the rain, his eyes burning with fierce intensity.

"Exactly, we're not the same. We're all different. We want different things. We live different ways. We think different things. We fear different things. That's the whole point. You get that now, right?" you ask, glaring hard through your eyes, but melting soft in your heart.

"Yes," he responded.

"Okay, so is this all you came for? To tell me you opened up your eyes?" you fire, holding on to the last remnants of your tough exterior.

"No. I was wondering if I was really nice, if you might forgive me, and give me another chance. That you might let me spend the rest of my life showing you how sorry I am and how much I love you. Because I do love you, Lauren. I am completely and utterly in love with you," he explains, and that does it. You can no longer stay mad. He's your soulmate, and you can't stay mad at your soulmate. Even while you were pretending you were over him and the thought of love, you still loved him. You were just lying to yourself.

You don't know any other way to respond, so you take his head in your hands and smash your lips against his. It's a desperate, passionate kiss, your hands entangled in his curls, his hands cupping the back of your neck. You pull away and look him in the eye, smiling. "You just made my dreams come true, you know that?" you ask, because you always dreamed about kissing someone like this.

"Mine too," he replies happily, pulling you back in for another intimate kiss. The whole world fades away; the pointing and gasping girls, the pouring rain, the car engines zooming past. The only things you notice are his lips against yours, his arms holding you tight to him, and the swelling of your heart as your life becomes whole again. You realize how much you missed him this past week, and you know you never will be able to live a single day without him ever again.

You may not be perfect, and he may not be perfect, but together you are. You're perfect together, breathing as one, fitting together as one. You pull away, grab his hand, and happily skip home. And from that day forward, you and Harry never leave each other's sides unless it's absolutely necessary.

The end