Chapter 43

841. Zayn’s favorite band is NSYNC.

842. Niall sand Ne-Yo’s “So Sick” in the X-Factor first round and received glowing praise from Louis Walsh.

843. Liam sang Justin Timberlake’s “Cry Me A River” in his 2010 audition and received a standing ovation.

844. Louis auditioned with Plain White T’s “Hey There Delilah” and got a clean sweep of yes’s from the judges.

845. Zayn’s X-Factor audition wasn’t broadcast on the main show. When he had progressed further, it was retrospectively shown on the spinoff “The Xtra Factor.”

846. Niall, a big Oasis fan, covered “Champagne Supernova” at bootcamp.

847. Harry impressed two out of three judges in the X-Factor first round with a version of Stevie Wonder’s “Isn’t She Lovely.”

848. One Direction are the brand ambassadors for the computer game Pokemon Black and White and have appeared on TV adverts and performed at events.

849. The band’s Twitter ID’s are @Harry_Styles, @NiallOfficial, @zaynmalik, @Real_Liam_Payne, and @Louis_Tomlinson.

850. Liam covered Oasis’ “Stop Crying Your Heart Out” at bootcamp.

851. It was guest judge, former Pussycat Doll, Nicole Schezinger, who suggested that Harry, Niall, Zayn, Liam, and Louis should be put together as a group at X-Factor bootcamp.

852. One Direction finished third on The X-Factor, behind winner Matt Cardle and runner up RebeccasFerguson.

853. What Makes You Beautiful sold 123,965 copies in its first week.

854. Before auditioning for The X-Factor, Harry was the frontman of the band White Eskimo which featured his school friends Haydn Morris, Nick Clough, and Will Sweeney.

855. Liam is an avid fan of boxing.

856. One Direction’s debut album “Up All Night” was the 16th biggest selling album of 2011 in the UK, shifting 468,000 copies.

857. Niall, Louis, Liam, Zayn, and Harry co-wrote “Taken,” “Everything About You,” “Same Mistakes,” and “Save You Tonight.”

858. Kelly Clarkson penned the lyrics for Tell Me A Lie.

859. Niall have a pair of lucky white socks.

860. Zayn’s name is actually spelt with an I (Zain). He reckons “Zayn” is more original and adopted it as his stage name.