Chapter 42

Sodee's P.O.V.

{Sunday, September 22nd - In the hotel breakfast area at 8:35 a.m.}

We're at the breakfast area of the hotel. Its been raining since early this morning. I'm picking at my scrambled eggs 'cause I'm not really hungry. I didn't get much sleep last night, I regret staying up so late with Prince. But Shanae and Ray looked like they had a pretty good night; I'll investigate later, I'm too tired right now. I would drink coffee, but I'm not a huge coffee person. Oh yeah, I wanna tell everyone else the news. I took a sip of my tea and cleared my throat.

 Sodee: Guys?

 Everyone except Sodee: (stops what they're doing and look at Sodee)

 Sodee: Guess what happened last night, er, this morning?

 Roc: What happened?

 Sodee: Star called me. And she apologized.

 Millz: (looks at Sodee confusedly) The fuck? Are you serious?

 Sodee: Yep! But there's more. We're having lunch together later today! (smiles shyly)

 Diggy: (looks at Sodee sternly) Sodee, you're not going.

 Sodee: (looks at Diggy angrily) And why not?

 Diggy: 'Cause for all we know, it could be a trick! She could still be planning something and we have no idea.

 Sodee: How could it be a trick?! She actually took the time to apologize! This is Star we're talking about!

 Diggy: Yes, it is Star! The same person who's been trying to kill you and ruin your career for the past how many months! How could you suddenly trust her like that?!

 Sodee: Because unlike you, I know how to see the best in even the worst of people! I'm going to lunch with her!

 Diggy: No you're not!

 Sodee: You ain't my daddy, I'll go if I wanna go!

 Everyone else in the restaurant: (staring at Sodee&Diggy)

 Waiter: (walks up to their table) Excuse me, can you please keep it down? You're making a lot of noise and there are other guest here trying to enjoy their breakfast.

 Diggy: See what you're doing?! Now you're causing a scene!

 Sodee: (glares at Diggy) Fucking leave me alone, Diggy. (gets up and leaves the room)

 Roc: (breaks the awkward silence) Well, she is kinda right..

 Tierra: (looks at Roc) What are you talking about? Diggy's obviously the one who was right. I mean, the day Star is actually kind is the same day I commit unintentional suicide.

 Roc: But what if Star is really being sincere? Its not like her to be this...caring.

 Tierra: (crossesher arms) Roc, that girl is crazy. I don't care if she apologizes one hundred times, I don't trust her.

 Roc: Why can't we give her a chance though?

 Tierra: I'm not saying we can't, I just mean- Uuugh, stop trying to contradict me!

 Prod: (looks at Tierra) Woah, big vocabulary..

 Roc: (glares at Prod) Shut up. (looks back at Tierra) I'm not trying to contradict you!

 Tierra: Oh, I get it. You're defending that bitch cuz you think she's prettier than me, right?

 Roc: What?! No!