Chapter 22

{Friday, August 9th - The Landmark Theater at 3:28 p.m.}

Sodee's P.O.V.

Today's the day of our concert in Richmond - the second concert of the Back to School Tour. We're at sound check with Jawan, the OMG Girlz, Khalil, Diggy, Jacob, and the Wonder Broz. Right now, we're practicing Mrs. Right with Diggy. There were a couple of fans who got tickets to the sound check sitting in the front row. When the song stopped, I heard some of them talk about me.

 Fan #1: Hey, isn't that Diggy Simmons's cousin?

 Fan #2: Oh yeah, I heard about her. I didn't know she was one of Mindless Behavior's backup dancers.

 Fan #1: Yeah, me neither.

 Fan #3: Wait, doesn't she go with Prodigy?

 Fan #2: Uh huh. I don't like her.

 Fan #1: Me neither. She thinks she's all that just because she's going out with Prodigy and she's related to Diggy Simmons. Maaan, she ain't even cute.

 Fan #3: I know! Where did Prodigy find her? He should be going out with me, not that hoe.

 Fan #2 & Fan #1: Word!

Ugh, this what I hate about the fans. Some of them are so sweet and would never even think about talking badly about me, but some of them are so rude and are always talkin' shit when they don't even know me! Prod probably read my mind cause he walked over to me, gave me a light peck on the lips, and hugged me. I looked back at the girls in the front row and saw them frowning. All I could do was laugh at their jealousy.

When we were done with sound check, we all got dressed. Jawan, the OMG Girlz, Lil Twist, the Wonder Broz, Khalil, and Diggy had to do something else and were God-knows-where while us and MB hung out in one of the dressing rooms. Keisha called the boys to wherever she was, leaving just us girls in the room.

 Shanae: (rubs her stomach) Ugh, I'm starving.

 Millz: Same!

 Tierra: Hey, I think I saw some food around the corner. You guys wanna get something to eat over there?

 Shanae, Millz, and Amber: Hell yeah!

 Everyone except Sodee: (stand up and start walking to the door)

 Millz: Sodee, you're not coming?

 Sodee: Nah, I'm iight. You guys go ahead.

 Amber: Suit yourself then. (walks out of the room with the other girls)

 Sodee: (sighs and plays with her iPhone)

 ???: (knocks on the door)

 Sodee: (sings) Come iiiin!

 Jawan&Khalil: (walk into the room) Hey Sodee!

 Jawan: (locks the door while Sodee isn't looking)

 Sodee: (tenses up) Oh, hi guys.

 Khalil: (plops down next to Sodee) Watcha doin'?

 Sodee: Oh, nothing. Just reading an article on my phone.

 Jawan: (plops down next to Sodee and smiles) Nice. What's it about?

 Sodee: The history of nail polish. 'Cause I'm bored.

[A/N: I actually did read an article about the history of nail polish once. It was really cool! But I learned that they used blood at first so the only color then was was red. O: ]