Chapter 3

A/N

Also, so you know:

(Y/A/N)-Your Aunt's name

"(Y/N)! Wake up we're here!" (Y/M/N) called.

(Y/N) lifted her eyelids and looked outside the car window to see her new home. She could see her Aunt burst out the door and greet her sister in a big embrace. (Y/N) unfastened her seatbelt and opened the car door to greet her Aunt.

"Hi (Y/A/N)!" (Y/N) smiled, greeting her Aunt.

"Hi (Y/N),' (Y/A/N) replied, with less excitement towards you.

For a fraction of a second there was an awkward moment of silence before (Y/M/N) broke the silence.

"Well, let's start getting everything inside,"

"Okay," (Y/A/N) responded, giving (Y/N) one last glance.

"Jesus, what's her problem? I'm wasting my kindness for no reason!" (Y/N) thought as she helped to heave the boxes inside.

After they had brought everything inside and put most of their things away, (Y/A/N) had made dinner and called all to the table.

(Y/N) took a seat at the dining table, sitting across from her Aunt who just glared at her until (Y/M/N) came.

"What's wrong?" (Y/M/N) asked your Aunt.

"Huh? Oh nothing." (Y/A/N) replied curtly, as she began eating.

(Y/N) looked down to her plate and saw spaghetti and meatballs, she smiled. It reminded her of the first time, when she was five, her Mum had made spaghetti for her. She didn't remember what caused it but soon most of the dining room was smothered in pasta sauce, meatballs and spaghetti. She had gotten in trouble for it but she didn't mind, it was a happy memory for her when her parents had participated in the food fight for a few minutes.

"What are you smiling about?" (Y/A/N) interrogated, eyeing you with suspicion.

"Oh, nothing." (Y/N) said, her smile fading away.

"Sure of course it's nothing." (Y/A/N) muttered.

"What have you got against me?"

"Oh, nothing." (Y/A/N) mimicked how (Y/N) had said it before.

"Then why are you acting so shady?"

"Maybe because you remind me of your father! That man was a pig, he betrayed your Mum and ran off with another lady! And you still think about him!"

"That's a lie! My father loved me and my mother! When I was growing up he used to listen to Queen with me and spin me around the room while we listened to rock!"

"That was all an act!"

"No, it wasn't! All those years? He cared for my mother too! Unlike the typical husband he would never forget her birthday, valentine's day or their anniversary!"

"You're too young to understand!"

"No, I'm not! If it was all an act, what was it for? It was for sh*t! If my parent's marriage was a lie then they would have broken it all up years ago!"

"Enough!" (Y/M/N) bellowed, her voice echoing across the room. "(Y/N) go to your room!"

"Fine! I'd rather be in a room than with this b**ch!" (Y/N) cried, gasps were heard across the room as she fled up the stairs to her room.

"(Y/A/N) I told you not to bring up her father," (Y/M/N) whispered.

"Well she should know what he was," (Y/A/N) put forward.

"Just drop it, okay?"

"Fine, but I'm not putting up with remembering him,"

"I'm not asking you to." (Y/M/N) looked over at her sister and continued. "Look, she's just moved away from where she's grown up. Away from all her friends, happy memories and her childhood. I just ask of you to not bring up her father and be nice to her."

"She could use a little toughening up, you know."

"Forget it,"

"We'll see," (Y/A/N) took a sip from her cup of water as they continued to eat.

(Y/N) was looking at the picture of her and her father, she missed him and she never even had a chance to say goodbye. She wiped away a tear, she would be starting school in a few days and in the meantime, she would need to keep her chin up and stay strong. She remembered what her father had told her,

"Stand tall and shine like the star you are and never give up. Because, not matter what you go through you're going to be a star. One day you're going to go on a stage and show everyone how big of a star you are."

The words raced through her mind as more tears welled up, would she even get to see her father again? Or was he just a memory now? And did he really run away with a lady?

Her mother had just told her that they were getting a divorce because they were upset and needed to be away from each other, but that didn't really tell her what drove them apart.

"(Y/N) don't be silly, your father loves you and wouldn't want to see you like this. When you start school, you're going to make some friends and everything is going to go back to normal. Then when you grow old enough you can leave this place and become a star."

(Y/N) smiled as she clutched the picture tightly and drifted off to sleep.