Chapter Nine

Ch. 9

My steps were careful as I walked in the cold night, covered up in some warm thick sweats, my white, scuffed up converse on my feet and Edwards black shirt under my thick sweater. I was nervous, the streets were unfamiliar to me and it was nearly three a.m. there were strangers lurking around the dark allies. I looked up at the dirty, rundown building, this was where he started? my small fingers wrapped around the freezing metal that opened the door to the building. loud voices and shouts were heard as my small steps carried me closer to the noise and shouting. the world grew silent as I stopped just before the doorway, the light was dim and I found that the only thing I could hear was the erratic beating of my heart.

I shouldn't be here, what if he gets mad at me?

I was just about to take a step back and run home when I saw a few men stumbling out. my eyes widened as they all looked at me, my heart was thumping even harder against my chest.

"well boys, lookie here, we got ourselves a little girl" one slurred. I shook my head, backing up as they stalked towards me.

"p-please, I-" I stuttered, shrieking when they came for me. I jutted my knee up, the man releasing a strangled cry of pain. I ran for the door, in hopes of losing the other two. the crowd was full of sweaty, disgusting men and they were hard to push past, but when I got to the middle of the crowd I was terrified. Edward was so angry, his eyes were dark, curls sticking to the nape of his neck and forehead as he continued to beat the man beneath him, he looked older and stronger then Edward, but it didn't stop Edward from beating his face. his white tshirt was soaked in his sweat and covered is splashes of blood. I sobbed, my eyes welling up with tears as I watched Edward behave in such an animalistic way. my hands covered up my mouth, masking my sobs. somehow, over the loud, shouting men, Edward looked at me and I hated the way I felt towards him. I was terrified, scared of what he was capable of. his eyes widened, fear and worry clear as he saw my face. he left the man on the floor, letting others help the poor man up and away from him. I gasped, stepping back a step when he got to me. I cried out, feeling strong arms wrap around my waist.

"Edward!" I screamed, the crowd now focused on our situation, Edward quickly took my hand, tugging me away from the drunk mans hold. I sobbed softly, clinging onto him by his neck, his skin was clammy and overly warm with the adrenaline rushing through his body.

"back off" I could hear him growl lowly, panting heavily as he held me close. the place was quiet and I couldn't help but feel terrified, no one was making a single sound.

"What the hell were you thinking?!" Edward shouted once we stepped out in to the cold night.

"I-I jus-"

"No!" he yelled, pinning me against a cold hard wall. I gasped, his fist slamming into the wall right next to my head. he was panting heavily, my eyes were wide, he'd just punched a brick wall. my body was trembling slightly, I knew he wouldn't hurt me, but seeing him like this was heartbreaking and terrifying.

"I didn't want you to see me like this.." he muttered.

"Ed, I..." I was speechless, he was so angry, so violent, what made him like this? I just wished I could wrap him up in a warm, safe blanket and just keep him away from this.

"I'm a monster, Avery, I Don't deserve you" his voice was so weak. the lump in his throat could be heard, he seemed so broken...

"You're My Angel, Avery, My one Safe place" he whispered. I could feel more tears well up in my already puffy eyes, but I didn't care. he was my Ed, he was broken, but he was Mine.