Prologue

**three years**

"Edward" I whispered with a smile, opening the window for him to step inside my room. we were both twelve, but Ed was a year older and he was turning thirteen. he always loved reminding that I was younger.

"Avery" he mumbled. I furrowed my eyebrows, he sounded sad.

"what is it?"

"my mum, she said that we have to move"

"Oh" my heart fell, the pain of knowing that I couldn't have Edward with me anymore.

"don't worry. I won't break my promise" he whispered, taking me in his arms. I smiled, knowing that he probably wouldn't mean to break it.

"I know"

"let me draw you, c'mon that always cheers you up" he grinned, playfully pushing me on my bed and rushing to get his hidden sketch pad and pencils out of my drawer. I sighed, getting comfortable.

"your drawings cheer me up, not you drawing me" I corrected, he chuckled.

"well drawing you cheers me up"

"now hold still so I can draw you"

I giggled quietly, sitting still for him. hours had past and I was getting tired, it was two a.m. and thankfully we didn't have school tomorrow.

"I'm tired" I mumbled lightly.

"same" Edward yawned. I smiled, giggling lightly and hopping under my covers.

"get over here" Edward mumbled I smiled, getting close and snuggling up to him, he sighed, our breaths steady as we lied together.

~few days after the move~

Edward left yesterday with Anne, he said his goodbye, but I knew he couldn't keep his promise, they were moving really far away from here. mum had gotten tired really early, so I tried to have a little fun by myself...writing. I know it doesn't sound fun, but it was for me. I love making stories, Edward knew that. I giggled quietly, pulling out my first ever piece of writing, it was about me and Edward about how we first met. I got so caught up in my memories I was surprised to hear the familiar padding of pebbles against my window. I jumped out of my bed, clumsily falling on the floor.

"ow!" I mumbled quietly, rushing to get my window open.

"Ed?" I whispered, he smiled up at me, climbing up the drain pipe and up to my open window. I smiled widely, wrapping my arms around his neck. I was shivering, the cold air creeping in to chill me, all I was dressed in was my dads old tshirt some underwear, and my bra.

"you're c-cold" I stuttered out, he chuckled lightly, reaching back to pull the window down, closing it.

"you promised" I smiled, nuzzling my face into his warm chest, he tugged off his hoodie, taking my tiny figure in his arms. I giggled as he spun me around in his arms, lifting me up to hold me under my legs and around my back.

"happy birthday Eddie" I grinned, seeing that it was midnight. it was bad that we stayed up this late together, every night we'd see each other.

"thanks Avery" he smiled down to me, in his arms. I sighed, yawning.

"we should get some sleep" he spoke. I smiled, nodding as he carried me to bed, laying down with me, my face Nuzzled into his chest, like always.

"Avery" he whispered quietly. I was half in and half out, humming lightly for him to continue.

"I love you" I nodded against him, snuggling further into his warmth.