Chapter Two

Ch. 2

"Good morning Ms. Daniels" I nodded, greeting my English teacher. she smiled.

"Avery, Ms. Dawson showed me that paper of yours, why don't you get that passionate in this class?" she teased.

"well cause I have a standard to follow in here, Ms. Dawson let us work with freedom" I blushed, she chuckled, letting me sit in my usual desk. I sighed, watching all the students walk into class, Edward surprisingly walked over to sit next to me.

"okay students we're doing something different today" Ms. Daniels smiled. "alright, most of you are in Mr. Connors class and the others I know are in Ms. Dawson's class" she stated. "so I figured, why not have you partner up and create something, a story, or a drawing with a story behind it. now I'm taking a risk here, you guys have to make sure its something meaningful, something from the heart, it can be about anything" she finished. I perked up, finally! something fun to do!

"now, those student's of Ms. Dawson's can create the writing and those of Mr. Connors can illustrate. now, go on, get started!" she grinned, hearing the class laugh and cheer in agreement.

"you wanna be my partner?" my eyes widened, hearing that newly deeper voice ask from beside me. I tensed, looking over to Edward, he looked a bit nervous.

"I-I, uhh, s-sure" I stuttered, blushing. this was the first time in over three years that I heard his voice. I noticed his uneasiness vanish as he saw me blushing and stuttering, just like he always made me do.

"good, so what do you wanna write about?" I was still shocked, three years and he just decides to talk to me like nothing happened? what was I supposed to expect?

that he'd tell me he loves me and explain to me why he left me, why he left me alone to get hurt and feel nothing but the emptiness he used to fill?

or that he'd apologize and kiss me for the first time, confessing to me that he hurt from leaving me, that I was the only thing that mattered to him?

even then, I would've been satisfied with a simple "Avery, I left you because I didn't like you the way you liked me" it would've stung and broke my heart, but at least it would explain all this heartache I felt over him.

he was supposed to protect me, keep me from getting hurt. he promised that he'd always be there for me, he promised that he'd take me away from here, he promised to be with me forever...

it hit me like a ton of bricks, I hadn't answered him yet..

'shit!'

"umm, I-I think we could write about, I don't know, maybe a, o-or it could be about something else?" I stuttered like a babbling idiot. Edward chuckled, grinning at me. he was completely clueless to what was going on in my head, all the Questions he'd left unanswered buzzing around in my head.

"why don't we write a love story?" I was quite, nodding as I blushed a deep shade of pink.

"alright guys we've got a few minutes left, work with what you got" Ms. Daniels grinned.

"so what should happen?" I managed to say, without stuttering.

"you're the writer here" Edward stated. the way he said it was so harsh, like it was obvious I was supposed to write.

"oh" I mumbled, looking down to my paper as I contemplated on what to name the two characters. I thought of the boys name already, Harry, that's a good one, right? I was always shit at coming up with girls names. I sighed, still thinking.

"Avery" Edward mumbled, but I was concentrating on coming up with a name. "Avery?"

"huh?" I looked up to him, pushing up my glasses and raising an eyebrow at him.