Chapter Ninteen

ITS BEEN SO LONG!

LETS GET TO WRITING SHALL WE?!

Ch. 19

"Woah" Edward muttered when he saw the house. I hadn't even looked back at it the night I ran away. I had also missed a whole week of school with Edward. Jenna had been calling like crazy. My mind was set on other things at the moment and besides I wasn't failing any of my classes.

"Do you want me to go in alone?" He asked. I shook my head and stepped under the tape surrounding my shot up house. What had happened here and why were there gun shots?

"Avery, I'm sorry"

"Don't be. She wouldn't even think twice about it if it were me" I whispered, wiping away a stray tear I let escape.

"Stop. You're not cold like she is, you could never be like that" Edward reminded me as I turned to him, collapsing in his arms. He held me close while I sobbed into him. She was gone, I hadn't seen her in a week and I might never see her again.

"We'll get your things and go" Edward muttered, bringing me with him upstairs. I gasped, seeing everything I had thrown around and ripped up. It was a mess and I had no idea why it was this way. Slowly we gathered my things, the ones that weren't ripped up and useless. I shook and cried softly, hoping Edward heard none of it, but I knew he did.

I was supposed to go to work today but called in sick again. Mike had been worried, apparently the whole shot up house was on the news. He tried calling back but I only left him my messages of not going into work. I felt bad I really did, but what could I do?

"Let's go" Edward mumbled, standing behind me at the doorway of what used to be my home. My home was with Edward now, nothing was keeping me here except school.

"Let's do it" I whispered.

"What?"

"Run away together" I mumbled turning around to him. "Like we always planned" I added in a whisper.

"Avery, what about school?"

"Now you care about that?" I almost whined.

"Were nearly there. Just another month or so and we're done"

"That's not soon enough" I almost cried.

"Avery we've missed so much already, I don't want to be the reason you don't get everything you can out of school"

"I just want you" I whispered, holding on to him. He pulled me away slightly and lifted off my glasses.

"I never get to see your eyes well enough with these things on" I squinted up at him.

"M'blind as a bat without 'em" I mumbled. It was a weekend and Edward had planned on making me go to school this week and finish.

"I love you" he whispered. His kiss was short and sweet, soft, but not too delicate.

"I love you" I breathed back. He pulled me with him, walking us to his motor bike and holding me close. When we got to his place we were both surprised to find it empty. Anne had the day off and didn't mention anything about going anywhere. Her car was still here and so was her handbag. My eyes widened, fingers squeezing Edwards hand, she couldn't be at the hospital.

"What is it?"

"It's not my place to say, but we should go" I muttered, pushing him to the door.

"Where?"

"Hospital" is all I said and just like that we were gone.

***