Happier Than I've Been Lately.

// three months later//

►Jasmine

Although we broke up, Calvin and I were still close. We knew we couldn't go back to a best friend type relationship but we did manage to work something out for us.

Ever since the record deal, he had a very busy life. He was constantly in and out of the house between work and finding his own place to stay. He was currently working on an EP with the company and had just recently found an apartment about 15 minutes from my house. I was proud of him, he was accomplishing everything he had dreamed of. As much as I wanted to be by his side through it, I knew I wasn't the right one to be in that position.

Since the breakup I had focused more on work and making Layce happy. I wasn't concerned with relationships, which is why I had told Taylor not right now every single time he had asked me to get with him. I still wanted to be with him at some point, but I didn't want to rush into things again.

Plus even though Calvin and I ended on mutual terms, I still hadn't completely gotten over him yet. I had definetely made progress though. Pictures of him are all over the place because of paparrazi, so I still see his smile all the time. The smile I fell in love with. I knew I was going to get over him eventually, it was just something I had to gradually work towards.

I had just got off work and was about to head over to the daycare for Lay, then decide what was for dinner.

Before I had even gotten out of the parking lot my phone started ringing.

"Hello?"

"Hey, mind if I come over?" Taylor's voice peeped.

"Um.. Nah, you can. I should be home soon."

I could practically hear him smirking on the other end, "Bring Lay to Chance's house once you get her. He's babysitting. I've got plans. I'll meet you at your house."

What the hell was he up to now. We definitely weren't dating, and I didn't need anyone to think we were.

I got Layce and took her to Chance's house. He smiled wide at me when he saw me and hugged me, "Hey Jas. It's been a little while."

"Hey Little Bit" he added towards Layce.

"Hey. Tay said he had something planned and had arranged for you to babysit. I have no idea what the hell he's trying to get into now."

He nodded, "He wouldn't tell me either. I just know he said he needed me to watch her so he could talk to you. Plans or something."

I sighed and sat down.

"Tay is still head over heels for you, baby girl. You better make up your mind for his sake."

He was referring to the fact that although I had been telling Taylor no about dating him, last time I said that I would thinkk about it if he stopped trying hard. I figured tonight he probably had some kind of date night set up planned to persuade me to give it a try.

I really liked Taylor still, that wasn't the question. The real question I couldn't answer was had three months been long enough to try something else with someone else? I saw Calvin all over the news with other girls.

He was hanging out with girls that do stuff like he does, I had Taylor. That means nothing about relationships.

"Childish Gambino this, Childish Gambino that." He was the highlight of media right now because he was new. Questions of if he had what it takes to get to where others are now.

What if he couldn't?

We broke up on terms of him and the deal. If the deal wasn't working for him, then shouldn't I still be here for him? I didn't want to live on a what if basis, but I didn't want to give up on love waiting for him if it did work.