Texts.

►Jasmine

I woke up to several missed calls and texts from Calvin. Oh God, he probably thought I was mad at him and ignoring him, I was just exhausted from the day and had fallen asleep. I sent him a text and then went to get in the shower to get ready for the day. Today was going to be a day out with my sisters, Makayla and Justin. After I finished getting ready, I sat on my bed and checked my phone; still no text from Calvin. I won't lie, it bothered me a little not having a text from him. This is probably what he felt like last night, I probably deserve to be ignored now.

--

"Where to first?" Makayla asked. Justin and I shrugged.

"You pick, you're the one driving." I said. She nodded and pulled off. I looked down at my phone again, still nothing. Maybe my message didn't send. I went into Calvin and I's messages and checked..yeah, it had sent. It was going on three hours since I had sent it. We pulled up to a spa and got out. Maybe I can take the time we're here to relax, Calvin's fine and not mad at me, I just have to give it time. We made our way to the front and signed in, then changed into the robes they handed us.

"We haven't done this in forever!" Justin laughed.

"So how's your boo?" Makayla asked. She was referring to my now ex-boyfriend, Josh.

I laughed, "I think it's been a long time since me and yo have talked. Josh is history!"

We all started laughing when a guy came back to the lobby area and called for us. I turned my phone off and put it away, no need to stress over Calvin on a girls day, right?

►Calvin

It was Sunday, which in my house was also known as the day to sleep all day. I rolled over to check my phone. I pressed the button and nothing happened. At first I thought it was broke, but then I realized it was dead. I laughed at myself a little for thinking I had already broke my phone then plugged it to the charger. I tried to go back to sleep, but I kept thinking about Jasmine. She was probably out enjoying her day, or just relaxing at home with me never crossing her mind.

Stop doubting yourself Calvin, chicks do give you a chance now and then.

I always let my bad thoughts take over my good ones. I sighed and got up to get some food. I looked through a few cabinets and the fridge, nothing. I really need to go shopping. I walked to the counter and grabbed a piece of pizza out of the Pizza Hut box from last night's dinner. I quickly took a shower and then threw on some shorts and a white t-shirt.

I walked back to my room and checked my phone to find a text from Jasmine. Thank God.

I opened it. She wasn't mad at me at all, here I am over thinking everything again. I sighed in relief and texted her back, then laid back on my pillow. I guess I had fell asleep because I rolled over and my clock said 6:48. I felt like I had only closed my eyes for 5 seconds. I grabbed my phone and took it off the charger.

I had a text from Jasmine asking if I wanted to come over and chill tonight. I just stared at my phone. Of course I wanted to go over and chill. I typed yes, then paused. That sounded desperate. I erased that and typed yeah, sure. Nope, that sounded like I was bored with her. I settled on sending her a message that said I couldn't and that I was busy. It hurt a little knowing that I just told her no when I really could. This was the only way I couldn't fuck something up, keeping a distance...at least for a little while.

I slipped on some shoes and went to my friend Chancelor's house. He was about 10 years younger than me, but he was like my brother. We clicked from the start and I go to him when I need to talk or just get away.

►Jasmine

He said no. He really said no. I knew this wasn't going to go anywhere. It was good at first, but now he doesn't even want to hang out. He was probably upset with me for going off. I really didn't mean it, I had no idea it was his family that was making him upset right then.

I got on twitter to take my mind off of everything. Everything was good with me just scrolling, then I saw one particular name that stood out. Calvin. I looked at the tweet. "Chillin' with my boo." Greaaaaaaaat. I was never going to be an option anyways.

There was a reply from someone named Chance, "You gay as fuck! Lmao." I went back to my timeline and kept scrolling. There was another tweet from him, this time with a picture. I looked at it, it was a picture of him and this other guy. I hope that whatever he's doing and wherever he's at, he is having fun while I just sit here annoyed with myself for catching feelings over the new co-worker. When do relationships with co-workers ever work anyways?

I texted him. I mean, even if we couldn't chill, we could still talk. About 45 minutes later he replied, I got annoyed with him waiting on a reply. I turned my phone off and threw it on my side table then went to get ready for bed.