Chapter 17- Love...anger...danger

Charlotte’s POV

After we ate are delicious lunch that I had found out Jace made; he held his hand outwards towards me, I grabbed his hand and he pulled me off the ground effortlessly.

“Ready for a walk?” Jace asked as he squeezed my hand lightly, I smiled back at him as I nodded my head in agreement. He led us along a long winding path through the park, but they time we were walking the beautiful sunset had gone down and the stars where out shinning in the night sky.

“Well char” Jace said turning me in his arms, I placed my hand delicately on his chest as his hands tightened around my waist.

“Did I tell you how beautiful you look tonight?” He said as I blushed as I looked down at what I was wearing; it wasn’t like I was wearing anything special. I was wearing a pair of blue jeggings, a red-ish/pink long sleeve shirt that had a pattern on the front of the shirt and a of short black ankle boots that were comfortable to walk in; I had a few bracelets on my right wrist and they constantly jingled every time I moved my arm and a pair of studs in my ears.

“No you didn’t but I’m surprised, look at me,” I said motioning at myself as I stepped back.

“Oh! I have been looking and as I said, you look beautiful” Jace replied looking me up and down, I could feel my blush grow as I tried covering my face.

“Yeah, yeah. Come on” I said grabbing his hand and dragging away from where we had stopped. We walked further down the winding path as the wind began to pick up around us, I shivered and was stopped again when I felt two arms trap me in their embrace.

“It’s getting cold, you ready to go?” Jace said into my ear making me shiver all over again.

“Yep” I said popping the ‘p’, I felt him nod against me as he still had me in a firm grip as we walked back to where the basket was. He let go off me as he reached down and grabbed the basket; holding my hand we made our way back to the car in perfect silence. We both hoped in the car, Jace turned on the ignition and we drove home to the sound of the radio, not one of us talked but it was nice and it wasn’t awkward.

But my head really wasn’t with it, what the hell is up with Heath? He shows up at my house, which I didn’t even think he knew where I lived, makes Jace uncomfortable and then shows up at our date. What is up with him? His so… Infuriating! My thoughts were cut off when I heard the engine of the car shut off.

“Alright, well here you go” Jace said trying to seem happy but in his eyes held disappointment, I smiled weakly looking out the window to see my house then back at Jace.

“Thanks Jace for taking me out” I said sweetly.

“Anytime, just say the word,” Jace said kindly as he smiled at me warmly.

“I’ll take you up on that offer” I said leaning over and giving Jace a quick kiss on the cheek, as I pulled away Jace captured my face in his hands and crashed his lips onto my own. As he kissed me you would think you would feel those sparks or your legs turn to jelly but as I kissed him back...but it didn’t feel right, I pulled away from his lips and smiled before I quickly said bye and left out of his car.

I walked into my house, looking out the window next to door  and watched as I saw his car retreat away. I sighed heavily and made my way up to my room after I had said ‘hey’ to my parents, I plopped onto my bed feeling exhausted and took my painful shoes off.

“Tough night I see, bet you couldn’t stop thinking about me?” A husky voice said by my window, I whipped my head around pulling out my knife from my bedside table standing up only to see it was Heath. I rolled my eyes as I sat back down on my bed and shoved my knife away, I turned to my window but Heath wasn’t there and when I went to look around I came face to face with the devil himself.