Together

I turned out liking you a lot more than I originally thought.

Fajr opened her eyes. First thing she saw was the rich sunlight filled the room; she looked to the other side, Khalid's bed was empty. She sat on her bed, lazily stretched her arms in front of her, fingers intertwined and eyes moved around the room. He was not in any corner; she decided to get ready before he came back.

When she came out of the bathroom, dressed in tight fitting jeans and a stylish white top, Khalid was already there, standing near the window, apparently lost in thought. At the soft crunch of her slippers against the marble floor, he turned to look at her, she approached the mirror and started drying her hair. Once she pulled the towel away from her face, she met his gaze and greeted; "morning!"

He narrowed his brows, looked at the clock on the wall and commented; "morning?! It's a little before noon!"

She looked at the clock as well; "I overslept... and you woke up too early I think!"
- thanks to your phone.
her eyes immediately moved to the phone on the stand table, as she reached for it, she exclaimed; "sorry I forgot to put it on silent mode."

He kept watching her as she was checking the list of the recent calls, then spoke; "uncle Muhsen called...I told him you were still sleeping."

"Why didn't you wake me?!"

Why?! He remembered how she looked when she was sleeping, so peaceful and beautiful that he couldn't bring himself to disturb her sleep. He took a seat on the bed and said; "you were dead to the world."

Fajr frowned as she replied; "during sleep everyone is dead as in the Hadith ((Sleep is the brother of death.))"

He stared at her with such intensity as if suddenly he travelled somewhere far away with a strange smile on his lips. He wanted to tell her "I didn't know this Hadith", but he kept silent.

The way he was looking at her puzzled her, the look in his eyes made her feel he was travelling through time, not aware of what's going on around him.

What kind of habit is this?! She wondered and just shrugged then voiced her thoughts; "I'll call dad." All of a suuden, her voice brought him back,  he looked at his watch to check time; "Ok. Be quick we need to go..."

"it's quite too early."

"it's Friday, soon the mosque will be crowded."

*************

They walked towards Masjid Alharam. listening to the adhan summoning Muslims to come to Masjid for prayer. Every place around there were Muslim men, women and children converged and walked toward Masjid Al-Haram to congregate in its precincts to perform the prayer. Men would rush while holding hands of their spouses or relatives to join the congregation in Masjid Al Haraam. Women from around the world were in hijab, and some groups wore a scarf around their necks showing the name of the country they came from.

Fajr was impressed by everything she was seeing, smile didn't leave her face for a second.

"look!" She grabbed Khalid's attention as she pointed at two little boys in their Ihram garments; "they look so cute!"

He just nodded.

***************

He was standing in the place where he had told her that he would be waiting for her after prayer. The prayer was over 20 minutes ago, but she hadn't shown up yet. Khalid was waiting impatiently and murmuring to himself; "what takes her this long?"