Shocking news!

There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you. ~Maya Angelou

After having dinner at Hassan's house, Muhsen decided not to stay at his brother's to save him the trouble of facing any sort of problems with their father.

Once he told Fajr about this, she raised an objection; "What do you mean by saying that you are going to stay in a hotel while I should remain here?"

"I don't want to cause a problem between dad and Hassan by staying here, and I don't want to leave you in the hotel alone when I go out. So it's better you stay here and I will come to visit you and take you out with me."

She tried to reason; "but..."

He hardly could convince Hassan of his intention, now he didn't want to repeat his words to Fajr.

"no buts dear...just do as I told you."

He didn't want her to discover anything about his sickness, so he thought it was better to keep her away in his brother's house.

Seeing how her father was insisting she agreed in spite of herself; "Ok."

He placed a kiss on her forehead; "good night! Khalid is waiting for me I don't want to keep him waiting."

She followed him to the door; "Good night. Take care!"

*****************

Three days later... it was during one of those nights when Khalid accompanied Muhsen to the room that he had reserved for him in the hotel. It was an elegant room with king bed and well-appointed bathroom, equipped with luxury guest amenities in addition to a sitting area which was an ideal location to relax,

not to mention the panoramic views of the city and Red Sea which could be seen from the full-length glass windows.

They sat at the sitting area and talked over tea, discussing various topics including Mhusen's health condition and his relationship with his father. After Muhsen had expressed all his worries, finally it was Khalid who broke the silence that followed their little chat; "Uncle, I know this might not be the good time for this, but I need to know your opinion..." he nervously paused.

It got Muhsen's attention; "go ahead Khalid, you don't need to hesitate..."

Khalid took his time to have one last thought about things to himself, whether if he was ready to take this step or he was just taking a risk. At last, he cleared his throat; "Umm, I, ah...would like to ask your daughter's hand in marriage."

Muhsen fixed his eyes on Khalid's face, not sure if he'd heard him right. Khalid lowered his head nervously. As Muhsen observed Khalid's reaction, he became sure that he heard him right. He smiled broadly; "certainly, there is no one I'd trust with my daughter's future more than you."

At that, Khalid raised his head, gave a nervous smile and murmured a thank you.

"I'd be the happiest father, if I could secure her future with someone like you. I just need to ask her."

Khalid nodded; "sure!" then they both resumed drinking their tea.

This talk had made Muhsen's day, he never expected that his worries about his dear daughter could be removed this easily, had he ever dreamt of a better solution?!

On the other hand, on his way home Khalid kept thinking about how to break the news to the members of his family. Every time there was a red signal and he stopped the car, he would rested his chin on his left fist, keeping his other hand on the steering wheel, he lost himself in deep thoughts. Apart from all, he was thinking about her reaction...would she accept his proposal?!