The encounter

Khalid was in his father's study room to print some papers related to his work, but the printer stopped working mid-action. Therefore, he had to go out to print them. He copied the file in a USB flash drive and slid it into his pocket.

When he got out of the study room, the first thing appeared in his view was Fajr's face! He faced her that she could see his chiseled with high, sculpted cheekbones. However, it seemed as if he froze for a moment when he saw her. Maybe because that was unlike what he had expected. He thought he would see a girl in European style, but instead he saw a girl wearing a grey Abaya with a black headscarf wrapped around her face. Her hijab was covering her whole body except her slightly oval face and hands. She had really surprised him.

He looked at her thoroughly from head to toe, at that moment she lowered her gaze when she realized that she was staring at the man as well. He moved forward, so she smiled at him politely and introduced herself; "Hi I am Fajr." She could sense that something was not ok, but she was not sure what it was.

Seemed that Khalid was annoyed by her introduction. "how could she greet me so carelessly like this? Is it her habit to greet men this way? Well, this is no surprise for me, after all what should one expect from a girl who had spent her whole life there in the west?!" He thought.

A brittle smile appeared in the corner of his mouth as he replied in Arabic "Wa Alikum Assalam. This is how we greet each other here"

Khalid thought it would be better if he reminded her that she was no longer in London. Just then Fajr got the meaning of his previous look. "Did he look down on me?!" She asked herself surprisingly.

She felt so embarrassed, therefore she lowered her head and apologized; "Sorry. Assalam Alikum"

But it seemed Khalid didn't want to let up as he lifted one of his eyebrow and smirked; "Oh so you understand Arabic!" This time Fajr didn't reply, telling herself "what's wrong with this guy? is he trying to make fun of me?."

Huda broke in by holding Fajr's hand and told her brother; "talk with her later, she has to take some rest before dinner" then she addressed Fajr "come with me, I'll show you our room."

Fajr accompanied her; "yeah sure. I need to pray as well."

When they walked away, Khalid informed his sister "don't wait for me. I am going out." Fajr glanced at him, as he was already walking towards the door with his back to her. But he suddenly stopped and turned when a voice of a teenager came from the foot of the stairs. Fajr raised her head to see that boy while he cried out as if disappointed; "Aw come on! I thought I would see a blonde girl with blue eyes".

Playfully he added; "This is really disappointing!"

He looked funny and Fajr was about to burst into laughter. While he ran down the stairs, quick as a flash, in no time he was in front of her. He was wearing casual clothes, jeans trousers and a dark red shirt. He introduced himself with a smile "by the way I am your best cousin Fahd Hassan." His teeth looked crowded possibly that's why he was wearing braces, however he was as handsome as Khalid, but in a smaller shape and he was so friendly. At least that what his cool smile showed.

She smiled at him and greeted; "Nice to meet you Fahd."

Fahd rubbed his chin in a dramatic gesture; "well, speaking of western I guess those grey eyes prove you belong to a non-Saudi mother."

Khalid noticed how Fajr was impressed by Fahd presence, he shook his head in disbelief and mumbled to himself "Idiot Fahd, one day I'll teach you how to speak."

Once again, Fajr threw a glance at the man behind, before he disappeared, telling herself "if this is Fahd then that must be Khalid!"

********************

The room Fajr was supposed to share with Huda was stylish and beautiful. Fajr liked everything there. The walls were painted with warmer and calmer shades of purple. Huda's bed was in the left side and Fajr was offered to sleep in Ruqaya's bed as she was away. As soon as one enters this room they can easily feel this room belong to elegant girls. They gave a lot of attention to accessories and small items such as lamps, covers, pillows and other nice decorations which created a perfect harmony. Let alone the stylish dressing table and the huge wardrobe which looked perfect.

Fajr was talking with Huda about those details when Fahd brought her suitcase to the room.

He stretched his arms looking at her pretending to be serious as he sighed "you girls always pack too much than necessary? It's too heavy."

Fajr looked at her suitcase and at him then she apologized; "I am sorry for the botheration I caused."

"It's alright. I forgave you." he said with laughter then added "Don't be so formal."

As Fahd left, Huda shook her head at her brother's behavior; "don't let him play tricks on you, he is such an expert on that."

Fajr nodded; "Got it! I should remember this. But, he seems so chirpy and friendly."

Huda smiled; "yes, he is. that's why he is popular with everyone in the district ."

Fajr threw herself on the bed next to Huda, announcing her tiredness.

At that moment, Huda stood up instructing her; "there is the bathroom. take a shower and get changed. Dinner must be ready, we will be waiting for you downstairs."

"ok. I'll follow you after praying."

After Huda left the room, Fajr opened her silver handbag to take out her Quran and replaced it on the bedside table then she took her necessities from the suitcase and walked in the bathroom.

ـــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــ

Hmm what do you think? Shall I continue?