His rules!

ولأنه يعلم أن عينيه تربكني يطيل النظر

For he knows that his eyes fluster me, he keeps staring!

She was alone in the bedroom of his apartment after Um Khalid  and Huda left. Her eyes couldn't help flitting around to the surroundings of the classical-type bedroom. The ground was covered with engineered oak wood floors and a grey shag rug soften up floors look. The walls and ceiling were plain white with a large black elevated platform bed which had a white leather headboard. Small modern lamps mounted to the wall which had perfect art form for lighting with unique especially glow at night.

One of the walls was hid behind the black wardrobe which had large mirrors for its doors, with horizontal strips of frosted glass sticker. Across the side of the bed there was a black console table between a pair of white chairs with a large artwork above. The aroma of burnt incense, which Um Khalid had placed in the room still whirling in the air.

Everything was perfectly amazing except for the atmosphere which was unusual, so awkward as if it wasn't a wedding night of a normal couple. She heard his steps return after he walked Fatima and Huda to the apartment door.

He leant against the door for a moment, braced his arm on the door frame, observing her nervousness. With a quick look, he leveled her with his eyes, she looked beautiful more than what he'd expected. Although she wasn't looking at his direction, but she could feel his eyes on her and that made her even more nervous. She was not of those shy girls as far as he knew her, accordingly he wondered why she was muted the whole day, keeping her eyes glued to the floor.

Anyway, he knew how to make her talk!

Eventually, he took further steps in the room, took off his black Bisht and hanging it on the black clothes hanger snugged in the corner. After he closed the door, she heard his footsteps getting closer and his whole figure appeared in front of her, his Ghutra that he took off was still in his hand.

Withholding his smirk, he bent and said, "I think I won." His tone was calm and flat.

She looked up to meet his eyes, her eyes wide and jaw dropped, not sure if she heard him right. Still no words left her mouth. Shortly, he straightened up and took a seat on the bed next to her; "the challenge I mean!" he clarified. She definitely didn't expect to hear something like this, at least not now, but this was Khalid she would never predict what he was up to. 

She eyed him and arched an eyebrow; "what's this supposed to mean? you married me to win a challenge?"

Finally...She said something!

He thought she would speak up if he'd just provoked her, that was how he helpped her loosen her nervousness. He titled his head a little and replied; "although it's not the only reason but yeah."

Again she looked to the floor for a brief moment to wash away any expression on her face. "that's ridiculous." she said it in a low voice, but he heard her and confirming her statement, "ridiculous?! I guess so..."

Her eyes moved to him again as he put his Ghutra on the bed and folded his arms; "but I really want to know what made you change your mind?"

Although she suspected this question would probably come up, but she hadn't prepared an answer. Picturing all the circumstances in her mind. Unconsciously one word left her mouth, summarizing her thoughts; "Destiny!"

He reflected on that for a quick moment, moving his thumb under his chin; "Indeed it is." He paused; "any way the fact is; we are married now and we are a couple... you have become under my guardianship and everyone will be relieved now"