XXI

Tyler and Josh were blindfolded and placed in handcuffs attached to chains that dragged behind them while they walked down the corridor. They took so many twists and turns that Josh had no sense of direction when they stopped. He silently prayed that Tyler had a sense of where they were.

The first thing Josh noticed when the blindfolds were removed what that the room was almost completely dark, a stark contrast to the brightly lit room they were in before.

When his eyes adjusted to the dark, Josh could see Gerard's pale hair, a single light in the room casting shadows and hiding his face. Someone else sat beside Gerard, a dorky blonde teen with glasses. He looked like the stereotypical high school glasses, with the exception of his blood stained hands and the semi-automatic rifle sitting in his lap.

They sat across from him and Tyler, who were both forced into chairs of their own.

"I am truly sorry for the inconvenient room you were placed in," Gerard began. "But we needed a room strong enough to contain him."

Josh scowled, straightening his back to appear intimidating. "Right. Because after kidnapping two people, the thing you think about is the room they're placed in. Eat a dick, Way."

The kid beside Gerard growled and started to stand, a murderous look overtaking his baby face. Gerard waved him back into his seat, remaining calm despite the close outburst from the kid.

"Easy, Michael. Don't lose your temper just yet," he chastised, his soft voice making Josh grow angry.

"No, let him lose it. Let him come at me, you narcissistic killing mother fucker," Josh snapped.

Tyler nudged Josh with his knee, shaking his head the slightest bit.

"Don't provoke Mikey," he whispered. "He's a serial killer dressed as a twink. He will snap your neck without a moments hesitation."

"Did you just call him a twink?"

Gerard cleared his throat. "As I was saying, I know you're wondering why you're here."

"Not really," Tyler yawned. "I already know."

"Oh, really?"

"It's obvious. You want revenge on me for betraying you and now you have it. Josh is of no use to you, so let him go."

Josh looked over at Tyler, whose leg bounced against the chair without ceasing. The smirk on Gerard's lips meant he noticed, too.

"Is he really no use to us?" Gerard asked. "Is one of the founding members of the Cerberus team useless just because he can't remember?"

"So you know," Josh said.

"Of course we know."

Tyler scowled. "How did you even find out that we couldn't remember if even I didn't know there was something to forget?"

"Not everyone on the Cerberus team was as clean and pure as Josh," Mikey grinned.

Josh rummaged through his memory of the files from Bangladesh. The traitor could be Brendon- no, Brendon would never betray Josh, or anyone else for that matter. Plus, he's still in the army.

"Hayley Kiyoko. The girl from the file. I recognized her, remember?"

Gerard clapped once. "I see Tyler's rubbing off on you. Yes, your dear leader turning to us after learning the truth."

"The truth? What does that even mean?" Josh was starting to think Heaven's Templar was more cult than smuggling organization.

Tyler's leg stopped bouncing. "The truth of the universe, and the one and only way to achieve everlasting life."