Chapter 16

Chapter 16

Destruction. Throughout the entire fields that's all there  to be found, and in the center is an abyss from which demons continue to rise, one at a time. The woods around us are also covered in flames, and ash from the fire is all over the air, making it much harder to see, the main battle field is basically with covered in holes, revealing stone under all of the grass and dirt.

As Skylar's summons attack the demons they're constantly defeated and resurrected, Bryson is seen running around the field attacking everything in sight, David continues to take chunks of earth from the ground and throws them at the demons, and Skylar is constantly teleporting between the two to heal and summoning whenever she could.

The demons slowly continue to rise, causing more flames to appear and shakes to occur, the demons also seem to vary in abilities. After a only few seconds, Skylar quickly catches a glance at me from afar, and she instantly teleports to me.

"We can't hold up much longer," she barely manages to tell me as she struggles to breathe. "Please tell me you've brought good news!"

"I know where Monica, the woman behind this is hiding," I reply to Skylar, who seems to be more beat up than I was when I was fighting, which makes sense since the situation is a lot worse than before.

Her eyes seem to be nearly drained of all color, her hair is a complete mess, and both her shirt and her pants have rips all over. A few new scars are seen behind most of the rips, although most of them are healing up, but some of them are still bleeding badly though. The ones that aren't are also surrounded by an awful mixture of dry blood and sweat.

"Please go defeat her," Skylar begs me. "Or else we might not make it. Especially Bryson," she continues as she turns to look at Bryson, who is still fighting the demons basically by himself.

I look at Skylar with worry as she struggles to summon another wave of summons, then I look at Bryson again and am able to notice many scars from a distance. He jumps all over the place and as he goes along he's dodging as many of the demons' attacks that he could, but he's still hit several times by the demons. He's obviously out of breath and also in pain, much more than Skylar is.

I run towards David, who's been in front of me ever since I've teleported here, and see that even though he doesn't have a single bruise, he's almost completely out of breath and drenched in sweat. He's also in pain from fighting so much, just not in as injured as Bryson clearly is.

"You have to stop this Jasmine," he loudly whispers to me as he continues to fight, stomping his feet to make chunks of earth rise towards him and punching them with his bare fists towards the enemies. "We can't take much more! Besides, there's not as much ground as there was before, my attacks are much weaker."

"Yeah," I reply to him as I begin to heal him myself, "I've heard, I'm about to face Monica myself." He then slightly pushes me away, also preventing me from being able to heal him. "Let me heal you!" I tell him as I try to approach him again.

"Save your energy for the woman," he replies as he turns to look at Skylar. "Skylar could take care of us, right?" Skylar looks at us in surprise and nods towards me.

"Fine then," I tell David, not fully convinced that Skylar has enough energy to keep this up. "I need you to clear a path for me towards the hole the demons are coming from, that's where I believe Monica to be hiding."

"Are you crazy?" David asks me, a bit louder than before. "They'll kill you!"

"Have you forgotten about my ability?" I ask him, reminding him about my natural shield. "I'll live, just trust me on this. It's the only chance we have anyways."