Chapter 7

Chapter 7

"Fine," Jake tells me. "I'll tell you."

"Good," I reply. We are both smiling now, but only slight grins. I wonder if that was his first kiss too. I wonder if anybody ever even asked him out before. Obviously even I've been asked out before, but I'm a girl, and I'm pretty sure girls get asked out more than boys.

"Your table's ready," a voice says from behind us. I turn around and see that our host is wearing all white too, which makes me wonder why restaurants are making their workers wear white. "Follow me please, right this way." He leads us through one of the doors and then we ride on an elevator to the third floor.

As soon as we arrive at the third floor, the elevator's doors open up and I immediately feel like I'm in a completely different restaurant, everything looks completely different. This restaurant is also beautiful, just not in the same way as the last restaurant I dined at. I don't go to restaurants that often.

It isn't old fashioned like the last, if anything, it's the exact opposite. The whole restaurant seems to be from the future, not the past. For instance, everything is glowing in neon purple. The chairs, the walls separating the table, and black lights are being used, making the waiters' clothes purple as well.

Plus, the wall is made of a thick glass, and the restaurant is on the third floor. That means that while we're eating, we could see a view of the whole city, which is nice since it's night time and all the city lights are on. Lastly, part of one of the restaurant's walls is a fish tank, and I absolutely love fish, especially when they're alive.

I've never been in this area so I've never seen the restaurant before, but it looked pretty big when I was outside. So I know that this isn't the only part of the restaurant, I wonder what's on the other side.

Just then our waiter comes to our table with a menu and gives one to both of us. "Hey there I'm Evan, and I'll be your waiter today, what would you like to drink tonight?" he asks us while smiling and taking out his notepad.

Evan is also wearing white serving clothes that shines purple. He has white jeans, a white collared shirt, white shoes, a white apron, and a white watch. He looks a year younger than me, and he has light skin, but he isn't pale, he is just a bit darker than Angelica. He also has blue eyes that outshine the purple black lights, just like Angelica's, but I doubt that's rare, a lot of people have blue eyes.

"I'll have a Sprite please," I tell him. His smile is so contagious, I find myself smiling as well.

"I'll take a Dr. Pepper," says Jake. He's smiling as well, but it isn't a real smile, it's a fake smile. I could tell because it's the same smile he gives Angelica whenever she's around.

"Okay, a Sprite for the lady," Evan says while looking at me, more specifically at my eyes, then he starts turning to Jake. "And a Dr. Pepper for you. I'll be right back with your drinks," he tells us as he begins to walk away.

"Nice guy," I tell Jake. "Now are you going to tell me or not?"

"Fine, but I'm warning you one final time. As soon as I tell you, you'll be in far greater danger than you are right now," he replies. "Are you sure you want to know?" I laugh at his joke, but it seems like he is being completely serious.

"Yeah, I'm sure."

"Well, may I show you instead?"

"Show me?" I ask, clearly confused.

"Take my hands," he tells me while reaching out both of his hands. "Then you'll see the truth."

"Okay..." I'm slowly reaching out for his hands now. No matter how much you think someone's joking, it's hard not to be nervous when they're as serious and awkward as Jake is right now. "Just touch your hand, right?"