Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Repetition. I've always hated it. I always hated when things are the same for a long time, it gets boring, too boring. I just cannot stand having the same daily life, and that's what's been happening ever since school started a month ago.

Naturally, I put up with it during the summer, but summer is different. There's no school, which tends to be the only time I ever talk to anybody. That's the only reason I put up with school. Because without it, I'd be repeating the exact same schedule every single day of my life. With school I have a couple of friends to hang out with. But recently, nothing new has been happening.

Wake up at six o'clock, leave the house at seven, get to school at seven-twenty, do whatever homework I've decided to hold off until seven-fifty five, leave school at two-fifteen, get home at around two-thirty, leave the house right after I drop off my stuff, start babysitting at three, stop babysitting at eight, get home at around eight-twenty, work on my homework until eleven, and go back to sleep just so I could repeat the same schedule the next day.

I need to change that.

Today when I wake up, I do everything as quickly as I possibly can, throw on some blue, even though my eyes tend to ruin it, and I text Angelica.

-Hey, need a ride? *Jasmine*

-Na im gud *Angelica*

I sigh in frustration. No point in forcing her over the phone, it simply won't work as well as in person. So I do something which I find a bit more reckless, I begin to text Jake.

-Hey, can you pick me up from my house? *Jasmine*

-No. haha jk jk, kk sure, where do you live? *Jake*

I text him my directions and do a bit more homework while waiting for him to get here. Finally after I've done some of my history homework, since it's always really easy to do, he's already waiting for me outside. I grab my bag, making sure I have everything I need, and I head outside and get into Jake's car, a small, black car with two doors from only a few years ago, which reminds me of the car our family used to have when I first saw it.

"Hey," he tells me. "Why'd you decide to have me pick you up when there's a perfectly good truck right over there?" He's pointing at my truck now, which he knows I've had for quite a while now.

"Because I'm so hopelessly in love with you that I couldn't wait until lunch to see you," I respond. After a couple of days of knowing Jake, I learned that he was a flirt. A bad one while at it. Of course he never flirted with me, but we still crack a few jokes from time to time. He laughs at my response.

"Well maybe you should try being a little more direct and just, oh I don't know, ask me out on a date?" He's looking straight at me, with his sincere eyes and his sensitive smile; over the course of last month, I think I might actually be falling for him a bit. But I always push the thoughts out of the way, dating him would just be another problem in my life.

"In your dreams." I finally say after deciding that he is just joking.

"No, in your dreams."

"Ha-ha, real funny. Now drive us to school, it took you long enough to get here."

"You texted me as soon as I woke up."

"Your fault for waking up so late!" I tell him while laughing.

"Fine, whatever, you win. Off to school." Of course he can't resist smiling back.

 Because I'm in the passenger seat, and not driving like I normally do, I have time to finish my history homework in the car. I even have enough time to read a little bit of this book I started reading during my free time.