Chapter 15

Chapter 15

Tears. They're all that fall when I teleport to the front steps of my home, now surrounded by a crowd  of people, it's such a big crowd that nobody actually noticed me teleport. I immediately try running inside my apartment, pushing people out the way as I move towards it, but I'm held back by a few men when I get to the crowd closest to the front steps of my apartment. Which is now up in flames

I look at my apartment again and notice that the fire is strongest around there, meaning that it most likely started around there. But I am sure of one thing, and that's that the fire is not natural. If it were, there wouldn't be so many flames, at least not before the firefighters get here. I think about Justin and Zen being attacked and I begin to struggle against the men holding me back.

"Let me go!" I yell out, tears still falling down my face for the first time I could remember. "My brother's in there!"

"There's nothing we could do about it!" yells back one of the men that are preventing me from going any further. "We already called the fire department, they're on their way!" I ignore their reply and think only about Justin and Zen. I continue to struggle until I'm free, then I run inside before anybody has the chance to stop me again.

The first thing that I notice when I get closer to the apartment is the vast amount of smoke, which immediately causes me to begin coughing as soon as I walk into the building. I cover my mouth with my right hand, then when I finish coughing I cover both my mouth and my nose, and I begin going up the stairs.

Parts of the stairs break off as I take my first step and the pieces fall to the ground, so I go up the stairs at a slower pace, but they still feel like they're going to break under me. Eventually I come across the hole left by some steps which broke off earlier, I leap over the hole, but the step I land on immediately breaks off as well and falls down, and I find my self holding on to the sides for support.

The fall isn't deadly, but If I were to fall there'd be no other way up the stairs, so I hurry to lift myself back up, since my support also feels like it's going to snap at any moment. When I get up I finally sneak up to the last of the first flight of stairs. Then I hear sirens in the distance, hinting that the fire fighters are finally here. I cover my mouth and nose again and quickly go up the second set of steps with ease. When I see the final staircase I see that it's engulfed in flames.

"Why do we live so close to the top floor?" I madly think to myself as I begin to climb the steps. The steps also break off here, but only small pieces that I easily go around. Then a big part breaks off the side of the stairs leaving me with an only option of going through the fire itself.

I rush through the smaller flames and when I come out the other side I notice that my pants were set on fire, so I quickly begin patting it off, when I'm no longer on fire, I notice that I've gotten a few small burns on my right leg, but I ignore it and I easily break my door with a kick and take a step inside.

My living room is much worse than the stairs, with everything being on fire and there being a big hole in the middle of the room where the couches were. I go around the big hole, through the small hall, and I run into my room and begin to look for Justin.

As I look through my room, I can't find Justin anywhere. Then a noise comes from the ceiling, when I look up, the whole thing collapses on top of me, but I'm protected by the purple shield, which I've completely forgotten about since I haven't had to use it in a long time. I try to move, but I see that my foot got stuck by a desk which fell from above.

"Help!" I yell out as I try to claw my way out, frightened by the thought of dying because of all the smoke, which is now accompanied by ash, or even worse the fire. But nobody responds, meaning nobody else is around. At least not anyone who survived. I continue to look for a way out, then I see a weaker spot in the wall, but when I try to reach it, I'm constrained because of my foot. I begin kicking off the desk but it's too heavy, so instead I push off everything on top of it.