Cursed To Be Apart 'part 2'

Dracula's wounds were healing slowly
when, after a few hours , he started waking up.
The first thing he saw was Mavis, sitting right besides him, though, looking at the big painting of Martha and him.

"Mavy? What happened?" He said with a weak tone as his throat bwas burned by the sun.

Immediatelly Mavis turned her gaze over to him and smiled.
"Dad, you're awake!" She said and hugged him. "You scared me."

A hard and repeatedly knock on the door broke the silence of the room, annoying Mavis.

The young vampiress opened the door, revealing the Frankenstein with an anxious look on his face.

"Hey Mavis! Is drac here?" Frank asked concerned.
"Yes! He just woke up." Mavis said and opened the door wide for the other monster to enter the room.

There was Dracula, lying inside his coffin and coughing as his skin slowly regenerated.

"Hey buddy." Said Frank as he sat besides him. "How did you get all these?" He asked , pointing at the sunburns.

"Didn't Johnathan tell you? I didn't catch his plane on time so I had to fly and follow it." Dracula said with a weak voice and coughed a few times.
"And when I did, it took me some minutes to convince him to come back, I had no other chance... Somehow I managed to hypnotize the pilot and he turned the plane over... When we landed you guys had either left or we couldn't find you, so I took the boy and flew back here..." He continued in the same tone. "I guess I passed out before I crashed through the window."
Mavis frowned.

"Oh... That might have hurt... How do you feel now?" Frank asked concerned.
"As you can see, I'm healing... Still hurts though."

Mavis then took the opportunity to talk. "I'm going to the lobby, do you want anything dad?"
"A cup of blood would do honeybat."
"Okay!" She said and got out of the room, leaving Dracula alone with his friend.

She started walking downstairs where she saw Wanda rushing towards her.

"Mavis! Mavis darling! How is you dad? Is he okay?" The werewolf started asking.

"Yes he's fine. He just woke up from-"
"Oh thank goodness! Come with me darling! I think you need to see this." Wanda cut her off and started walking with her downstairs to the lobby.

The first thing Mavis saw was Johnny, running towards her and hugging her roughly.
Mavis startled.
"Mavis did you're dad wake up!?"
"Yes! Guys he's fine! Will you tell me what's going on?" Mavis complained at their behavior.

"Mavis, I don't know how you're going to take this, but you must see this." Wanda patted her shoulders, leading her near some couches that were in the lobby.

There was a woman, with a long black but ruined dress and her hands in front of her face, as if she was really scared and stressed. She had black long wavy hair and what Mavis found suspicious was the ring she was wearing. Same with her father's...

The more Mavis was walking closer to her, the more she would fight to remember where she had seen her again.

Suddenly the mysterious woman raised her head and her blue piercing eyes met Mavis'.
"Mom!?" Was all the young vampiress managed to say. Shock overwhelmed her senses and she almost tripped and fallen with the sudden movement of her body.

"It's me, baby girl. I'm here." Martha said and raised from her seat to hug her daughter. Mavis' senses came back and hugged her mother like there was no tommorow.
"Dad said you were dead, mom! Where were you?"

"Your father didn't know the whole truth Mavis. It was the only way to make him think that I died."

"The only way for what!?"

"The only way to keep you two safe." Martha patted her daughter's head.

"Keep us safe from what? Mom I don't understand. What happened?" Mavis was confused and dazed. It was something she didn't see coming.

"I will explain everything darling. But first, tell me, is Dracula okay? I need to know for sure."
"Yes Mom, he is fine. He woke up about half an hour ago. Still healing."

"Can I see him darling?" Martha stroked Mavis' cheek.
"Of course. But will you tell me what happened? I need to know mom!"
"Honey, I know, you just met your mother after 118 years and you want to know everything. But you have to let me see your dad first. It's something I need to make sure before we can relax. Believe me, I know how you feel. The last time I saw you, you were a five month old baby." Martha explained and held Mavis' hands, something that reminded Mavis of Dracula.

"Okay, fine. Follow me. He's in his room." Mavis said and grabbed Martha's hand to take her upstairs once again.

The walked through the corridor where they finally stopped in front of a huge wooden door. It was Dracula's champers.

Frankenstein opened the door and started to leave before he saw the two vampires in front of him.
"Oh Martha! It's still a surprise to see you in front of me. Drac is asleep darling." Frank said surprised.
"Okay, thanks for everything Frank." Martha patted his shoulder and the big guy started walking down the corridor.

Mavis took Martha's hand once again and led her to Dracula's coffin. He was sleeping peacefully with a black sheet covering most of his body.
Martha gasped lightly when see saw his burned face. The wounds we're healing much more slower than she expected.

"Should I leave you alone?"
"No Mavis, you can stay. I miss you too much to make you leave." Martha said and tears finally came to her eyes.

With one hand , Martha stroked sleeping Dracula's cheek and with the other she was holding Mavis' hand.

"Maybe we should wake him up." Mavis said and reached her hand to shake him, but Martha stopped her from doing so.
"Let him rest Mavis. He is already hurt and seeing me here won't do him any good. We can wait... Until then, I guess I have some explanation to make."