I do

Warning: Angst and violence

Words count: 1787

~•~•~

(Dracula POV)

I woke up earlier this night. I was too excited to sleep.

Today is the day of my wedding.
I cant wait to see Martha into her black dress I bought her.

Some of my friends say that I am too young to get married but I thing it's natural.
I am 118 years old, basically an adult so I can be the judge of my own actions. Also I am immortal and as we all know , immortality is hard without someone by your side... Someone you love and want with you.

I got out of my bed and walked to my closet.
Then I thought again 'why do I have to wear something now... In some hours I will be wearing my costume' I closed the wardrobe door and sat in my bed.

'How is it to live only with the woman you love and none of your parent around to watch after you?' I thought to myself.

I stepped outside my empty room and got downstairs where I saw my father sitting on the big couch, looking outside the window.

"I didn't know you could wake up so early!" he said. I could see the happiness into his wide smile.
"How could I sleep,dad. Could you?"
I asked.
"Well...No." He said and we laughed together.
I sat next to him on the couch and he put his hand on my back, patting me lightly.
"I can't believe that you are about to get married. You grew up so fast. I'm gonna miss you..." He said and a little tear of happiness rolled down his cheek.

"Oh come on dad. The house we will live into is near our castle. I will come here and visit you everyday. You will not be alone, don't worry." I said and cupped his shoulder with my hand.

We stood there for a while and then I broke the silence.

"Dad I have to get ready, the wedding is in two hours from now."
"Okay Dracula but if you need any help with anything, call me."
"I will!" I said and got upstair to my room.

I opened the door and stepped inside and the first think I saw was the costume I would wear.
It was stressing me out only by looking at it... 'What if I do something wrong in front of everyone? What if I forget the steps of the dance and fall. What if....'

Okay, I need to calm down and wear the costume before I fall asleep thinking.

~•~•~•~•~

(Martha POV)

I woke up and the first thing I saw was my sister looking at the black dress Dracula bought me for our wedding.

"Finally, you woke up! It's your wedding day, my dear. When will you get dressed?" My sister asked me and I could read her face , it said 'hurry up, we have so many things to do'.

"Why are you so stressed? You will finally have the room all for yourself!" I said and giggled.
"I'm sure that you husband is stressed as well..." she said with a straight face.
"Come on! Get up!" she continued.

"OK, OK I'm up." I replied smirking at her.

She made me sit into the chair in front of the mirror and brushed my hair.
"You are getting married with the prince of darkness... How are you so calm?" she asked me as she braided my hair. "Oh, give me a break. He is not that bad...It's because you never got to know him well... He is so kind and sweat with me." I replied with a smile.

Marring Dracula sound the most beautiful thing in the entire world to me.
I promise to myself that tonight the only thing I will do is being happy and enjoy the best day of my life as if it would be the last.