The Dark Flu 'part 2'

Mavis flew through the halls of the huge hotel, searching for her grandfather. She sighed in relief when she spotted him walking towards his room; before the Elder vampire could reach his door , the small bat flew into him. He furrowed his eyebrows, ready to strike when Mavis turned back in her normal form. He instantly relaxed and his eyes softened when he realized it was his grand-daughter.

"Grandpa Vlad, we have an issue." She voiced, her eyes wide with concern.

Vlad burst through his son's bedroom door and ran over to him. He knelt besides him and gently felt his head. He frowned in worry.

He picked Dracula up with the help of Mavis before dragging him to the infirmary.
Mavis swallowed, wondering why they were taking him to the infirmary. Was he really that bad?

Once they finally reached the place the nurses instantly laid the Count on the bed. Vlad and Mavis stepped back as they got to work, making sure he was hydrated and checking his vitals.

Mavis couldn't take in anymore and allowed her concern and curiosity get better of her.

"Why did we take him here?" she questioned her grandfather.
Vlad sighed, " Come, I'll explain"

They walked out to the quiet hallway and Vlad quickly got to explaining.
"When a vampire is a baby up until they're eighty, their immune systems are very weak. They're vulnerable to multiple diseases, but the worst one is the dark flu. The dark flu only effects vampires and it's permanently within them. Now , he won't get sick all the time ,but he'll catch it whenever he's near someone who recently had it.
Has he been anywhere near vampire children?" he asked.

Mavis thought for a moment before nodding,"Some vampire camp."
Vlad's eyes widened, "That would do it, that's where he first got it."
"So could I get it?"
"Yes ,but you only have five percent chances. It's not genetic or anything." he explained.

Mavis nodded, "So, what happens?"
"He'll wake up feeling suddenly weak, like today. He'll then start coughing and then puking, then...comes the hard part."
"What?"
"He'll completely rely  on vampire instinct."

Mavis eyes widened , she remembered her father explaining that to her. When a vampire is seriously injured , weak or so on they'll become more monsters than "humans". Which means her father is going to hiss, bite and probably try to suck any human's blood.
Horror filled her heart, Johnny lives here. His family is also staying for the week , which makes it harder.

"Grandpa, uh, what are we going to do? Johnny is human and so is his family, he's going to..." she trailed off.
Vlad nodded, "We'll have to tie him down with silver chains"

"Isn't this going to hurt him?" she whispered.
Vlad sighed, "Yes, trust me, I don't like that either. He's my only child, my son. And you know that vampires are very protective of their offsprings, even when they're fully grown."

Mavis nodded, understanding what he meant. She glanced at the door leading to where her father was. Her heart broke at the though of causing him pain. She sighed before looking back at Vlad.

"Can I ask another question?"
"Well, you just did so I don't have a choice."
She chuckled a bit before turning serious again. "Why...why does my father hate you?"

He frowned and sighed once again, "After he got he dark flu he begged me to tie him up whenever he got it, but I wanted him to try human blood. I...I let him lose. He attacked a whole village and...killed thousands of innocent people. It was my fault , yet, I told him he should have controlled himself. I should have known that he couldn't , it wasn't his fault.
When he left, moving to whenever his mother brought him, he blamed himself for centuries , he wouldn't drink human blood and he went back to blood substitute."

Mavis frowned, she understood why her father was angry at his father. He purposely didn't help him so that he would attack those humans, then he blamed him.
She sighed feeling guilty again for snapping at her father when she came back. She remembered the hurt look on his face , what she did was wrong.
She couldn't help it though, she was worried sick about her son and was angry that her father wouldn't accept him as a human.

Luckily , he's a vampire, but she still regretted what she said. Even if she did talk to him about it and he did forgave her,  she knows the pain is still here.

They both looked up as a nurse walked out, her eyes showing worry.

"Mr. Vlad, the flu is progressing faster, he is already puking." she said.

Vlad blanched and ran into the room , frowning as he saw his son puking.
Dracula almost fell of the bed before Vlad caught him.
Dracula looked up at his father and relaxed.
Mavis watched as Vlad held his son , comforting him as he puked. She them walked up to him and rubbed his back ,comforting him as well.

"We need to call my sister." Vlad spoke.
"Who?" Mavis questioned, glancing at him.
"My sister, Ghana, she knows all about this flu. More than me or your father knows." he explained.

Mavis sighed as she looked at her father , he was now shaking as he laid there. "You'll be okay daddy." she whispered.
Dracula's eyes fluttered open , he looked at them for a second before passing out again.

That's the second part of the story guys.
I hope you liked it!
I will write one last part tomorrow and then start another fanfic.

If you like my work , please vote and leave a comment.
BYE!!