Strike Of Van Hellsing 'part 3'

Dracula let out a loud sigh , which was enough to wake up Mavis who was sleeping into his coffin besides him. But he didn't realized she was awake.
Tears were now falling down his face as he recalled the painful memories back to his mind.

"What will I do?" He whispered to himself, and Mavis worry grown stronger.

"Dad? Are you okay?" She asked slightly.

Dracula startled. He thought she was sleeping. He didn't now what to answer. A human was out there, and the hotel was not as safe as everyone thought anymore.

Her entire life, Dracula was telling his daughter that no human will ever find them and harm them... That they were safe at the hotel.
What could he tell her now?

"I'm fine Mavis, you don't have to worry..." He answered, knowing that this wouldn't be enough to make her feel sure. He knew that his strong willing daughter would not let him alone, especially after seeing him crying. But at least he tried.

"I don't believe you dad" Mavis said. Dracula knew that she would say this.
" You never cry... What made you cry?" She asked, trying to convince him to tell her.

Silence filled the atmosphere for a few minutes, until Dracula decided to break it.

"Mavis..." He said hesitantly ,"There is something I have to tell you." He finished his sentence and took a deep breath after giving Mavis an expression that was telling her 'sit down with me' .

Mavis sat besides him and cuddled in his side. Dracula hugged her with his arm and started talking again.

"It's time for you to know." He whispered to himself, as Mavis' look filled with concern once again.

"Before 114 years, I and your mother were leaving peacefully into a big house in the middle of nowhere." He started telling the story that Mavis had heard many times, but she didn't interrupt him.

"We never hurt anyone as you know."he said and a single tear made it's way on his cheek.
"Until one day, when you were about three months old, a bunch of humans attacked our home, leaving behind only ashes and your mother lifeless." He finished and another tear appeared on his face.

"I don't understand dad. What's this has to do with the hotel now?" Mavis finally interrupted him.
"I managed to save you ,my little baby, and escape the burning house." Dracula resumed without answering to his daughter.
Mavis decided to stay silent and listen this time.

"I found a little abandoned house into the forest. It was small but it was safe, no humans around and the nearest village was ten miles away. There was no way that they would find us this time." Dracula said and took a deep breath.

"Them, he came..." He said and his voice sounded broken.
"The vampire hunter, Simon Van Hellsing. He was sent by the same humans to find us and kill us. I can say... He almost succeed."Dracula said and Mavis interrupted him once again.
"What do you mean 'he almost succeed'?" She asked and immediately she sensed her father's heart starting beating faster.

"I never wanted to show you that, but I think you deserve to know." Dracula said and started unbuttoning his shirt.

There was a huge scar on his chest, starting from his shoulder and ending to his stomach.
Mavis gasped. She had never seen his scar before.

"How did you got that dad? Why didn't you show me!?" She asked and a feeling of fear started growing inside her, something she had never felt before.

"When he found us hiding in this little house, there was a big fight. I lost. He stabbed me and almost killed me..." Her father said and Mavis stopped him from continuing.

"How is it even possible ? You can heal really fast, don't you?" She said and she was correct at some point.

"It was a silver knife Mavis. I guess, you gave me power to stand and fight again." Dracula said and like he knew that she was going to talk, he let the silence fill the room and waited for her to speak.

"How did I gave you the power? I was just a baby then...wait... Awwww daddy! Thank you!" She said and hugged him, trying to calm him down. Dracula hugged her tighter than before and continued talking.

"He stabbed me with the silver knife and let me bleed to death... I was feeling so weak.. Then I saw him trying to kill you. I couldn't let this happen." Dracula said and started crying again. He felt the guilt taking over him.
"...I killed him..." He said, feeling ashamed for his actions.

Mavis placed her little hand on his face and wiped the tears.
"You had nothing else to do dad. He deserved it." She said , leaving Dracula surprised by her words.
Did he really made her grow such hate for the humankind?

He didn't answer. But Mavis, as the 114 year old curious vampire wanted to know the end of the story. A story she had never heard in this version before. It's real version. It's dark side.

"Please dad, continue." She pleaded him.

"Well... I defeated the hunter but eventually I was too weak to even stand. Thank goodness, Wayne smelled the human blood of the hunter and came to check what happened. Then he found us. As I was told, I was half dead, past out lying on the grass in a lake of my own blood , and you were some feet away, thankfully safe... I woke up in the Stein's house some days later. I couldn't even stand but they were there for me when I really needed them..."he finished his story and turned his gaze down at little Mavis, who's eyes were filled with tears.

"Please don't cry Mavis...  Daddy's here for you." He said and tightened his embrace.

"Now that this human threatens the safety of our home, I don't want you to worry. I will take care of him." He said but Mavis cut him off.

"Please don't get hurt. Promise me that nothing bad will happen." She said.
"I will try.." her father answered , but that was not enough for the young vampire.

"Promise me dad!" She said again with a louder tone of voice this time.

"I promise." Dracula said, letting out a sigh. He wasn't really sure about his promise.

In all of the sudden, a knock on the huge bedroom door interrupted their moment.

It was Frank. The very best friend of Dracula.
"Umm... Sorry for that. I just have some bad news..." He said.

"What kind of bad news?" Dracula asked.
"The human in the haunted forest is a... How to say...A Van Hellsing." The big guy said hesitantly.

Dracula's eyes widened and the grip on Mavis' shoulder tightened.
"...oh no.." was the only thing that managed to escape from the undead count's lips.

Mavis had never seen her father so scared in her life.

.....

Hey guys! That's a big ass chapter.
I actually enjoyed writing it.

So angst.

We finally get to see the backstory of Dracula.

If you enjoyed this story, please vote and comment if you found any mistakes.

Also
Requests are open!
If you have any ideas or your own story in mind, just sent me a message and I will try my best to put it in this book.

Bye!!