Chapter Twelve

Today was the day. The day that I was going on a date with Hayden. I barely could barely sleep all night; I had this stupid smile on my face that was keeping me from my sleep, as I thought of everything that I was going to do with him. This is the first time I've ever been excited to do something with someone I liked, a lot. Los Angeles had a lot of potential, and if my father ever thought about moving again because he company went back on their promise-I would stay, I couldn't leave now.

Luckily I wasn't going to be seeing Hayden till 3, and it gave me time to knock myself out with some sleeping medicine so that I wouldn't be a total zombie on the date. By the time I woke up it was about two hours before I would go pick up Hayden at his place; it gave me enough time to get ready.

I hopped into the shower, lathering every inch of my body with this body soap that smelled of kiwi-watermelon. When I got to my hair, I shampooed and conditioned, rinsed, and repeated, getting all the hair products out, only to have more put it after. After the shower, which had taken thirty minutes I dried off and went over to my closet, where I would stand for another forty-five minutes, trying to figure something to wear.

Finally I found something to where, skinny blue jeans that were ripped a few times on each legs, exposing my flesh. I grabbed a simply white muscle shirt, and my black leather jacket. I stepped into my bathroom and examined over my body, running my hands through my now dry hair. It fell back over my face, so I grabbed my gel and squeezed the body so a dime sized portion was on my palm. I rubbed my hands together before running my fingers back through my hair, making my hair stay obediently to the side.

By the time I finished everything it was about fifteen minutes before I was supposed to pick up Hayden. I groaned and grabbed my car keys and ran down the stairs, passed my confused parents and out the door. I jogged to my car, and pressed the "unlock" button before I made it to my baby. I got in and started it and pulled out of the driveway. I was going to be late.

I made it to Hayden's house with a couple minutes to spare, but I couldn't say that I didn't speed a little. I looked up at his house as I made my way towards it. I hadn't been here since the first time that I kissed Hayden. I instantly go chills that went down my body, I remember the feeling of his soft lips against mine, I wanted more of them badly.

As soon as I made it to the door I was about to knock on the door, but it flung open and there stood Hayden, his hair tussled, going everywhere. He smiled faintly up at me and walked through the doorway, shutting it quickly behind him. He smelled of that amberwood that I absolutely loved. I pulled him into a hug, and he reacted quickly and wrapped his arms around me, smiling into my chest.

"Shall we go?" I spoke softly into his hair, after about five minutes of hugging. He pulled back and his face blushed as he nodded softly. His gaze fell down to his feet, trying to hide it. I smiled and took in his appearance: light, faded blue jeans, and a bright yellow shirt on. I never knew he would look good in yellow, but he did-actually amazing.

We both walked over to my car, and I opened the passenger side of the door which only made him blush more. He slid into the passenger side and I closed it after him, walking over to the driver side and getting in myself. Hayden was as red as a tomato, trying to hide his face behind his hair, like a girl would do.

"Don't hide from me," I reached over to him and grabbed his chin and pulled it up so that he would look at me. He whimpered lowly and got redder-if possible. I gently stroked his cheek with my thumb before pulling my hand away, and backed out of the driveway.

I headed towards the mall, I had a lot in store for Hayden today. The whole ride over he was quiet, not saying a word, I didn't mind the silence, but I wish he was talking to me. I turned on the radio and he gasped and straightened up in his seat.